Apocolaypse and Loki

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Do any of you think it would be cool if Apoclaypse and Loki were in cohoots. I mean the only people that can see them have been viewed as crazy. Maybe Loki is helping Apoclaypse as one of his horseman to deal with the Ultimates or Apocolaypse is really Loki.

too little, too late for that

thee great one said:
Do any of you think it would be cool if Apoclaypse were in cohoots. Imean the only people that can see them have been viewed as crazy. Maybe Loki is helping Apoclaypse as one of his horseman to deal with the Ultimates. Because I would think that would be so cool.
There has been absolutely no foreshadowing of an Apocalypse-Loki alliance, so far. It *might* have been a do-able idea, in the hands of a competent writer, if there had already been intellegently-dropped hints that might lead readers to suspect 'Poccy's involvement. But as it stands, there's just not enough to connect them both.

I would think no. But my reasons are more of a religious incompatibility than anything else.

Those in the know would easily associate Apocalypse with Nimrod, the ancient king and ruler of Babylon, seen essentially as the architect (see: blue lodge), and the first kingdom to defy god.
Loki is of Norse mythology, and ne'er the twain shall meet. It just feel inappropriate that two so disparate mythologies be intertwined.

Well then this is just an fanboys idea than. Apocolayse a different horseman to deal with each major threat to him.

1-Loki (to deal with the Ultimates)
2-Dr.Doom (to deal with the Fantastic Four)
3-Mystique (to deal with the X-men, was going to be Sinster until he failed)
4-Moribus (to deal with Spider-Man and other NY based heros)

Maybe I will do a Fan-Fic to this if anyone's interested.

Thats an awesome idea. Imagine a mini where Apocalypse sent a horseman for each title. Excellent idea man.

compound said:
There has been absolutely no foreshadowing of an Apocalypse-Loki alliance, so far. It *might* have been a do-able idea, in the hands of a competent writer, if there had already been intellegently-dropped hints that might lead readers to suspect 'Poccy's involvement. But as it stands, there's just not enough to connect them both.
You know, when you use "Poccy" as Apocalypse's nickname, I keep imagining him in the form of a chocolate covered Japanese crispy stick.

ourchair said:
You know, when you use "Poccy" as Apocalypse's nickname, I keep imagining him in the form of a chocolate covered Japanese crispy stick.
I'm not going to sit here and type out A-P-O-C-A-L-Y-P-S-E every time and Poccy sounds like what Jubilee would call him.

Caduceus said:
I'm not going to sit here and type out A-P-O-C-A-L-Y-P-S-E every time and Poccy sounds like what Jubilee would call him.
Well A-P-O-C-A-L-Y-P-S-E is a lot easier to spell than "Straczynski".

Nurhachi said:
Or you can call him by his first name. En
I'm in Denmark. En is a number. Besides, Poccy makes me think he's got some kind of embarrasing disease from the 1700's that he's never been able to shake off.

Latest posts

Back