Are you expecting Ultimates 2 to be better than Ultimates?

Are you expecting Ultimates 2 to be better than Ultimates?

• Yes

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Same

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

E

Excelsior Club
Are you expecting Ultimates 2 to be better than Ultimates? Post a comment to explain.

OK, I think I fixed it - try again.

I sure as hell expect it to be better. Hasn't everyone seen that sequels have been blowing away the original?! lol

Yeah, this will most definitely be better. We know what to expect, for one, and it can't be anything short of Volume 1, so Millar better have made it better.

Yep, 2 weeks. Same day as New Avengers #1. :D

It's the other way around GW. New Avengers comes out the same day as Ultimates 2. Yes, this means that New Avengers #1 has been delayed until 12/1/04.

I saw the list from comes out next week, and New Avengers #1 was not on it.

Semantics....the answer is yes, they both come out on 12/1.

We should keep a watch out for who does better... Millar or Bendis.

Personally, I think Millar should take the cake, but Bendis is going to take it.

Hmmm...My guess is that Millar's going to do better. I mean, people have been waiting for this book to come out for sooooo long. And even though New Avengers has also been waited for, Ultimates 2 just seem to be the favored out of the two.

At least, that's what I think.

Yes, but remember the conservatives who won't even look at the Ultimates because it may tarnish their opinion on the actual character. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that feel this way. With the core title for the most elite heroes in the Marvel Universe changing, I would think that it would get a much larger reaction out of it than the Ultimates returning. We'll see though.

I voted no. While Gods and Monsters was excellent, Grand Theft America was a big letdown.

I voted no. While Gods and Monsters was excellent, Grand Theft America was a big letdown.

I liked it, but I don't think it was as good as U1. GTA was a lot of fun. The only thing that I felt was a letdown was the identity of the traitor. It was such a damn copout.

I liked it, but I don't think it was as good as U1. GTA was a lot of fun. The only thing that I felt was a letdown was the identity of the traitor. It was such a damn copout.

Agree on all counts.

I did still love the ending issues though...Cap offing Al-Rahman's hands at the forearm with his shield; Hulk ripping up Abomination and eating him; Thor's godhood revealed (admittedly, it was a bit off to me, but still fun); Tony's always unexpected means of surviving situations through luck and freakish planning; Hawkeye's general bad-assedness (its a word in my language, back off ;) ); the mega crossover event the last few issues turned into with Spider-Man, the X-Men, Fantastic Four, the European Union, etc all showing up to fight back--it was a little corny and took a small bit of the sanctity of the Ultimates away, but it was all kinds of awesome to see a large portion of the Ultimate universe drawn by Hitch. That was a hell of a run on, I apologize.

It was great stuff, but I think it still failed to live up to the originality and classic, memorable scenes of the first series. Definitly a worthy sequel, and when read all at once--without several months of delays on individual issues and plenty of time for internet speculation and info leak--the traitor is at least less obvious to some degree.

The Ultimates - 9.5

The Ultimates 2 - 9.0

In the end, The Ultimates (first series) wins out. Its a certifiable classic. Ultimates 2 is a worthy sequel. There's a minor distinction.

Agree on all counts.

I did still love the ending issues though...Cap offing Al-Rahman's hands at the forearm with his shield; Hulk ripping up Abomination and eating him; Thor's godhood revealed (admittedly, it was a bit off to me, but still fun); Tony's always unexpected means of surviving situations through luck and freakish planning; Hawkeye's general bad-assedness (its a word in my language, back off ;) ); the mega crossover event the last few issues turned into with Spider-Man, the X-Men, Fantastic Four, the European Union, etc all showing up to fight back--it was a little corny and took a small bit of the sanctity of the Ultimates away, but it was all kinds of awesome to see a large portion of the Ultimate universe drawn by Hitch. That was a hell of a run on, I apologize.

It was great stuff, but I think it still failed to live up to the originality and classic, memorable scenes of the first series. Definitly a worthy sequel, and when read all at once--without several months of delays on individual issues and plenty of time for internet speculation and info leak--the traitor is at least less obvious to some degree.

The Ultimates - 9.5

The Ultimates 2 - 9.0

In the end, The Ultimates (first series) wins out. Its a certifiable classic. Ultimates 2 is a worthy sequel. There's a minor distinction.

I actually liked Ultimates 2 better, I loved the misdirection on the traitor. Everybody was expecting the traitor to be someone you wouldn't expect in issue 9. But they totally surprised you by actually having America invaded in that issue. I think that was a great trade off. I love the Liberators as villains even though they didn't get enough development their fight with the Ultimates was great. The only thing I didn't like was all the vikings and giant trolls showed up, it took away too much of the reality they had set. But still freaking awesome, I want it made into a movie.

Latest posts

Back