Are you overall satisfied with how the MCU is?

Are you happy with the MCU as it currently stands?

• Yep! Love Marvel movies!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No, it could be done better.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It could have been a bit better, but I'm happy to see some adaptation of it.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I'm looking forward to the next version of the MCU.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Are you happy with how this whole Marvel Comic Universe turned out?

Starting with Iron Man, and now really finishing off with all the heroes coming together.

Or are you simply ready for the next chapter?

Yeah, I honestly can't imagine it any better. I mean the TV side of it could have been better, crossing paths with the movies, but other than that, awesome!

I definitely wish that the TV and movie side of things could work better together, and aside from a few not so great productions, I love the MCU

I hate to sound like a fanboy but I remember what comic book movies were like before Iron Man and I honestly never would have thought that they could put out the quality of movies that they do now.

Last edited:
I like the MCU, and I think it's great. Like you E I remember the old Hulk movies etc. These new movies are miles a part.
The fan boy in me would love to see a Silver Surfer movie done right...and Galactus.

It's awesome to get more exposure to the comic world, and the fact they are money makers with original stories means folks really get the chance to see the stories we grew up on come to life.

I say keep on keeping on! Excited for some of the Disney rides to come to life, and hopefully we will see the coming of Galactus again, @Blackbeard

I like the MCU, and I think it's great. Like you E I remember the old Hulk movies etc. These new movies are miles a part.
The fan boy in me would love to see a Silver Surfer movie done right...and Galactus.

X-Men 3 - that was rough. I would never have thought we could get something as good as Iron Man after that stinker.

Or the first Fantastic Four. I couldn't even attempt the second one.

Overall, it turned out great. The best part about the MCU is their ability to rework heroes from the comics that I've disliked or been ambivalent about into truly great characters.

I have some nerdy nitpicks that will probably always bug me though:

MCU Hawkeye is so lame. Completely missed the point of the character. Wheedon basically just used him as a prop in AOU just to contrast the dysfunctional Avengers with his perfect little family. Very exited to see this take on Ronin though.

Pym should have been involved, in some way, with the creation of Ultron.

Falcon debuted strong in Winter Soldier but has been shoved into the background for the past 5 years. I guess there's the Disney+ series coming.

Among the million other things wrong with the third act of IM3, we should have gotten MODOK.

Really want Abomination to return.

That's pretty much it other than some timeline flubs that just didn't need to be.

X-Men 3 - that was rough. I would never have thought we could get something as good as Iron Man after that stinker.

Unpopular opinion, but 3 was far and away the best of the original trilogy.

Or the first Fantastic Four. I couldn't even attempt the second one.
i never understood the hate that came with the fantastic four movies. aside of course from the mot recent one with miles teller. i feel as though the earlier ones were excellently cast and the storytelling was good. i think one of the biggest reasons fans dont like is because of some of the inaccuracies regarding doom, but i feel that regardless they were both good and the second film contrary to oular oinion was a really good INTRO to the idea of galactus.

Yeah, and I LOVE Jessica Alba! I think if you don't care too much about accuracy (I've never read a FF comic), they're great movies.

Jessica Alba is not a great actress, and her performance in Fantastic Four was pretty terrible. I don't know what to call what she does...is it overacting? My kids used to watch the Spy Kids movies and she is in at least one of those and it's the same thing - she is trying so hard to act that it just takes me right out of it.

I'm excited to see how the MCU would handle FF and X-Men, but I enjoyed all of the Fox versions, besides the Michael B Jordan FF, which I haven't seen.

Latest posts

Back