Ash vs. Marvel Zombies!!!!!!

Dancanread

From Newsarama:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=89476

"If the continued strong sales of Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead and the breakout success of Kirkman's Marvel Zombies limited series are any indications, comic book fans love the flesh-eating undead. So while no one should be surprised there will be a 2007 follow-up to the bestselling Marvel limited series, exactly who the zombified Marvel icons will be trying to devour this time around is both surprising yet perfectly logical at the same time…

His name is Ashley J. Williams…"

It's a mini series starting March 2007. It takes place between UFF 24 and Kirkman's upcoming prequel to the Marvel Zombies series.

It won't be written by Kirkman unfortunately, but he will be a consultant.

Still.

Best. idea. ever.

Hail to the king, baby!
271676073_m.gif

Last edited:
So the Army of Darkness universe and the Ultimate Universe are now technically under the same multiverse?

Groovy.

The poster is cool, but I did notice that Suydam seemed to just pasted Ash's face on Leatherface.

Last edited:
I like the idea I really do.

I loved Evil dead 1+3 and have been meaning to pick up Marvel Zomibies.

I told a friend about this, and he almost fell back and had a heart attack. He's all kinds of excited for this. As am I, of course.

Just a thought...anyone think that the Necronomicon will be thrown into the mix for good measure?

.... I'll get it but I'm not happy. I enjoy both stories but I don't think they have any business crossing over. Zombies is still close to the Ultimate Universe in my heart and throwing a movie-verse franchise into it makes me feel a bit unstable about just how penetrable the walls leading into the UU are.

.... I'll get it but I'm not happy. I enjoy both stories but I don't think they have any business crossing over. Zombies is still close to the Ultimate Universe in my heart and throwing a movie-verse franchise into it makes me feel a bit unstable about just how penetrable the walls leading into the UU are.

yeah, i'm a little wary of that, too. i like the idea of the integrity of the UU sticking to itself and the supremeverse. i don't want this to be a "gateway" crossover to, like, well, ANY OTHER comicverse. are any of you old enough to remember the x-men-teen titans one shot from the 80's where someone from the titans just explained the crossover by saying something like, "gosh, it's strange we haven't run into these x-men before, they must be from a different part of town."?

Boo-hoo! Come on, MWoF! It's awesome! Enjoy it, for once! Soak in the pleasure!

i think the idea's dope. I think this might be the one thing that causes every person on the earth - regardless of race, creed, or religion - to hold hands and sing a song of peace and harmony.

Boo-hoo! Come on, MWoF! It's awesome! Enjoy it, for once! Soak in the pleasure!

i think the idea's dope. I think this might be the one thing that causes every person on the earth - regardless of race, creed, or religion - to hold hands and sing a song of peace and harmony.

I made my point. The Fanboy inside me is loving it but the serious comic fan (the person I like more) knows it's a stupid idea.

I made my point. The Fanboy inside me is loving it but the serious comic fan (the person I like more) knows it's a stupid idea.

Man, I agree with you to some degree. We're at a point where comics as a medium where comics of any genre can be serious literary powerhouses (even if the literary community doesn't regard it as such), but there's always going to be a place in the omics world for silly, stupid team-ups. We can talk all we want about comic books as a serious artistic medium, but they'd never be where they are if it weren't for the hopelessly nerdy fans who have been supporting them from day one.

I think this comic's going to express everything that's great about comics as entertainment. It's not going to be a masterpiee, but it will be a collage of everything that makes nerdy fanboys piss themselves at night. And while I'm all for serious, literary works in comics, I'll probably still enjoy this as much as Seven Soldiers. I mean, I'll enjoy it on a different level, but I'll still get the same amount of satisfaction. The day the comic book industry stops making books like this is the day that comics die...

Latest posts

Back