Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Black Cat what was that cover where her eyes are red. Because if they are read i'l put money on them being bleeding too because that is the sign of possession by Bogan though

Yeah, I saw her possesed by Bogan before, this isn't the same, they are completely red, not dripping... I donno what it's about. But anyway, I'm sorry it's not an Uncanny issue like I said. It'll be in X-Men #167. I'm not sure if your allowed to post full cover pictures so I'll just link to it: CLICK TO SEE

Nah i reckon its Emma. I don't think this arc has anything to do with the hellfire club

I was referring to the new White Queen in Uncanny X-Men, who does have a likeness to that of Emma, the original White Queen.

The arc in Astonishing X-Men may or may not have to do with the Hellfire Club, but I'm willing to bet it has to do with something involving Emma. She was once considered the X-Men's most formidable foe next to Magneto, right? Well, if that's the case, I don't see why she wouldn't stand her ground on that... It would make perfect sense to me to plant yourself into the heart of your enemy and then whipe them out before they knew what hit them... I know this is what Magneto did only a little while ago, but it could very easily happen again.

Too be honest, I hope Joss is above such tackyness. But just look at the solicits for X-men. Golgotha, the arc title, is the hill that Jesus was supposedly crucified on. The word evolved to mean "a place of great suffering". I'm pegging this one to be a "x-men go to a place and find something terrible" story rather than a "hellfire club plotting against the X-men" story which is about the only reason for Courtney Ross, the new White Queen to be appearing in any other X-book.

I don't think Astonishing will tie in to heaving with the Hellfire Club which seems to be a mostly Uncanny theme. This is probably due to Claremont's writing. I'm just hoping this story isn't hampered by comparisons to Planet X.

As it seems from what I read. According to the agent from the last arc, the girl who worked with Fury, someone from the X-Men is supposed to destroy the world or something like that.

Goodwill said:
And Dangerous as in someone from the X-Men is going to betray them, right?

I don't really see any indications of that. The inhabitants of the Breakworld say that an X-Man will cause the destruction of their planet, but nothing anyone says claims that anyone will betray the team.

No the solicits say that someone will betray the team. I don't think it has to be connected to Ord and the Breakworld but it could be.

Caduceus said:
No the solicits say that someone will betray the team. I don't think it has to be connected to Ord and the Breakworld but it could be.

Ah - sorry about that.

I'm sure the popular opinion would be Emma, but that seems too obvious, doesn't it?

UltimateE said:
Ah - sorry about that.

I'm sure the popular opinion would be Emma, but that seems too obvious, doesn't it?

Don't be sorry. You were right. IN the issue, the female agent says an X-Man will betray the team.

Goodwill said:
Well, I think that it's already been revealed that it was her...

Well, Whedon said whatever is going on with her (he didn't say what exactly), will take it's time to be told in the second arc. Probably near the end of it.

Goodwill said:
Well, I think that it's already been revealed that it was her...

OK, I must have missed that...source?

All thats been revealed is that Emma is planning with something/someone. I would hope that the betrayal is slightly more complicated than that. Its too obvious and that hurts me.

At the end of the last Astonishing issue she was talking to someone about Colosuss' return... Emma said that, although it does complicate things, she wants Kitty dead.

Goodwill said:
At the end of the last Astonishing issue she was talking to someone about Colosuss' return... Emma said that, although it does complicate things, she wants Kitty dead.

No no no - she said she wants to "deal with" Kitty first, which at this point could mean a million different things.

Latest posts

Back