Avengers Avengers: The Origin

It's decent - it's the first issue of The Avengers expanded into 6 and updated to the modern day - so there's people with cellphones and computers but Tony Stark is still in that retro Iron Man suit.

The art is fantastic though. Phil Noto is awesome.

Is Joe Casey any good? The only thing by him I know I've read is Godland, which is...okay. I can't tell if it's super satrical and purposely campy or if he's just a very average writer.

Is Joe Casey any good? The only thing by him I know I've read is Godland, which is...okay. I can't tell if it's super satrical and purposely campy or if he's just a very average writer.

He always seemed like the guy that wanted to be Grant Morrison but wasn't good enough to me.

He's not bad, but I imagine it's tough to flex the creative muscles with the majority of the script done for you.

The covers look really nice.

I wish the colors were a little more vibrant. They are really dull (not boring, just too muted).

He always seemed like the guy that wanted to be Grant Morrison but wasn't good enough to me.

Interesting. Godland seemed like it could have had it's moments but it was all over the place plot-wise. This being a mini might mean the writing is more focused? Dunno. I'll check it out.

Latest posts

Back