Back to the future the video game!

It's about time, McFly. A video game based on the Back to the Future movies is in the works.

Being developed by Telltale Games, the Back to the Future game series will include the likenesses of Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd, who portrayed the characters Marty McFly and Doc Brown in the films, which listed Steven Spielberg among the executive producers. (Lloyd will also provide his voice for the games.)

Bob Gale, who wrote the screenplays for the three films, is working with the game developers on the plot for the planned five "episodes". Telltale's recent releases include a series of Sam & Max games available for download on Xbox Live, the PlayStation Network and for computers at www.telltalegames.com.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...tale-games-times-back-to-the-future-project/1

Note : They are showing more this week during PAX 2010.

I'm a little :( no Michael J. Fox BUT with him lending his likeness my guess is he's too sick which I understand. And :D to Christopher Lloyd voice

Awesome.

Has it been said yet if this is only a point and click, Flash type game on PCs only, or is it something I'll be able to download and play on my Xbox 360?

You can download on 360. But it's likey to be like Sam & Max games / Monkey Island type. So a point and click/ interactive story BUT on consoles too

I love those screens. Really enjoy the style too, a nice blend of realism and cartoon. This looks like it'll be great.

I only worry about how Marty's voice will sound. Michael J. Fox does have a very distinct sound to his voice, and I hope the VA will be able to replicate it without feeling the egotistical need to add their own "spin" to it.

I only worry about how Marty's voice will sound. Michael J. Fox does have a very distinct sound to his voice, and I hope the VA will be able to replicate it without feeling the egotistical need to add their own "spin" to it.

Angry Video Game Nerd's audio-only interview with AJ LoCascio who plays Marty McFly in the BTTF Video Game.

He does a dead-on impersonation of Fox. He's actually better at sounding like 1985 Michael J. Fox than Christopher Lloyd is at sounding like 1985 Christopher Lloyd.

Last edited:
Angry Video Game Nerd's audio-only interview with AJ LoCascio who plays Marty McFly in the BTTF Video Game.

He does a dead-on impersonation of Fox. He's actually better at sounding like 1985 Michael J. Fox than Christopher Lloyd is at sounding like 1985 Christopher Lloyd.

Awesome, thanks! Ok, I'm sold.

Any word on a projected release for this? Sometime next year?

Wait a second...I've been looking online, and this is sceduled to come out on PC and Mac, and later next year the Playstation Network (PS3) and Ipad...but not Xbox Live? What the hell? Am I really going to have to buy a PS3 or Ipad to play this? I hope thats going to change at a later date...Man, now I'm bummed.

Last edited:
If this isn't for Xbox then I don't get to play it. Even if I save up the money for another console, it'll be a Wii.

I've never regretted owning an Xbox before now (or more accurately, NOT owning a PS3...and that takes into account MGS4, God of War 3, etc).

Man, I can't believe Microsoft are passing this up...oh well, I guess I'll just "borrow" my parents newer computer for this one...my 10 year old laptop certainly won't run this.

All 5 parts are up! I just completed part 5 today. Did anyone else get this? My thoughts :

Pros:
Cool getting to pick your own name when in past
Christopher Lloyd back as Doc
AJ LoCascio does a great Marty
Michael J. Fox does a voice in 5
Cool story
Feels like BTTF

Cons
A little too easy

If you like BTTF get this it's so worth it.

Latest posts

Back