Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
Figured enough of us like this manga to give it its own thread.

First off, it's from the creators of Death Note. It's about two high school kids in their quest to make a successful manga.

They gain a following through one shot cult style manga and so forth, and now they are trying to get serialized.

This last chapter was good, showing three very different styles of manga. And it's building on the rivalries that are forming.

Last edited:
I think I will read this. I like Death Note and this sounds completely different... but interesting. I've never really read a manga completely before either so this will be a new experience.

I think I will read this. I like Death Note and this sounds completely different... but interesting. I've never really read a manga completely before either so this will be a new experience.

Yeah you quitter, you should totally read this.

If they did make an anime out of this, I'd like them to change the plot to better fit the post-modernist feel.

Maybe focus it on Azuki and her quest to become a voice actor?

Speaking of which did you ever watch any of those anime we all suggested to you?

Not yet. Still trying to finish my current anime and TV shows before I start more. They've all been added to the list though.

This is probably my favorite manga series right now.

I thought for sure they'd fail to get serialized on their first attempt, but it'll be interesting to see how they handle success.

A manga about manga? It's like a TV show about behind the scenes at a TV show? WOMG shades of Grosse Pointe and Studion 60!!!

It feels like all we get from this every week is the new results for Detective Traps' last issue. Obata and Ohba really need to shake this up a bit to keep my interest.

Does anyone else wish that they'd publish chapters of the in-story mangas for a one-shot or something? They sound really interesting.

Latest posts

Back