Banned Spider trailer.

the watcher

For those of you don't know, a lot of movies trailer and movies got retooled or bandded due to September 11th. Such things included this TV. spot for the Spider-Man movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_jcdvuQdCE&search=Spider-Man

Other include Men in Black to alternate endding. I don't have a clip. But I can tell you that at the end of the movie. The were going to blow-up the two towers. The original air date for Men In Black 2 was September 13th. Good thing they moved it.

Last edited:
Re: Band Spider trailer.

I was wondering what watcher was talking about.

And that was horrible and stupid.

Yeah, I remember seeing that teaser. I thought it was great and is a large part of why I went to see Spider-Man which in turn is the reason I checked out Ultimate Spider-Man which is the reason I started collecting comics from the Ultimate Universe which is the reason I am here.

Of course, that teaser didn't have a very long run. I think 9/11 occured barely a few days after it started running.

I wonder if this robbery scene was at any point supposed to be in the movie or if it was always intended just to be for the teaser. If they re-edited the movie to work without this scene, great work because you'd never know it was supposed to be in the movie. If they filmed it just for the teaser, well, that's dedication. Can't think of too many teasers that use no footage whatsoever from their movie.

Last edited:
That would have been a great teaser trailer if it weren't for you know...terrorists. I'm not sure how spiderman pulling an airborn helicopter makes sense, but it's a minor complaint.

Could you imagine trying to relax after 9-11 and seeing that? I'd probably be outraged at their insensitivity.

E.Vi.L. said:
Of course, that teaser didn't have a very long run. I think 9/11 occured barely a few days after it started running.

Actually, I remember seeing the trailer in August that year. So it had almost a month (or at least a few weeks).

I remember the teaser being much cooler, though. Tastes change with age, I guess :p.

That was a pretty stupid trailer. Except for when he catches them between the WTC towers. That was cool.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
Yeah, I remember seeing that teaser. I thought it was great and is a large part of why I went to see Spider-Man which in turn is the reason I checked out Ultimate Spider-Man which is the reason I started collecting comics from the Ultimate Universe which is the reason I am here.

I wonder if this robbery scene was at any point supposed to be in the movie or if it was always intended just to be for the teaser. If they re-edited the movie to work without this scene, great work because you'd never know it was supposed to be in the movie. If they filmed it just for the teaser, well, that's dedication. Can't think of too many teasers that use no footage whatsoever from their movie.

It's possible. There was a lot stuff that was cut out. Let see there was a scene during the Goblin fight where Spidey got trapped in the Sub-way and knock out by some of the Goblin gas and the police try to arrest spidey but he broke free. When Peter was chasing the bus after he got his powers. The bus driver was supposed to look at his speedometer and see that Peter's running at 45 mph.

The Bathroom scene: After peter had splattered someone's lunch all over Flash. Peter turns and races out of the cafeteria. Peter then runs into the washroom. Peter is at the sink, staring down at the undersides of his wrists, trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

His wrists are oozing a pearly white fluid from almost invisible slits about a quarter of an inch long.

Peter pushes on the skin next to one of the slits, to relieve the pressure. A dark shape, the size and color of a rose thorn, emerges from beneath the skin and shoots a jet of liquid silk straight up into the air, where it splats onto the ceiling and adheres there.

Peter Panicked, breaks his hand free of the strand, turns, and bolts from the washroom. He runs for his locker and Flash confronts him.

There's a lot more but it's a lot of typing so I'll leave you with this.

Wow.....this is all pointless. It's like reporting a link to an old Pepsi commercial saying that this is what would've aired if Michael Jackson hadn't burned his hair. :roll:

Latest posts

Back