Batman Anthology - Timeline (Outdated)

1. How do you know it's called Earth-89 in The Flash?
2. I didn't expect it to be called anything else. I would assume, if they were the same reality, then it would have a different designation from the other multiverse.

Earth-789 would be the comic multiverse name for Earth-89 if these comics are canon to it. Same Earth, different name in the comic multiverse to the live-action.

The Nolanverse doesn't take place on Earth-96 officially. I think it's a neat idea though. Gotham is referenced in Superman Returns. Certainly it could happen on Earth-96.
1 Earth 789 I think it's the extended version of the name earth 89, I don't see problems with the multiverse of the comics being the same as the one of the movies and the arrowverse.
The time line of earth 789 would be this.
1989 Batman
1992 Batman Returns
1993 Batman 89 comic
Following years: Joker revives and the events of that comic take place and eventually in 2019 the arrowverse thing would happen in which Joker is still alive and Batman caught him or maybe in this case it's another batman maybe Terry Mcginnis.
If you are wondering about the land of the flash , we can consider it as a variant of land 789 .
In total there are 3 earths.
Earth 97 = Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.
Earth 89 = Batman, Batman Returns and the Flash
Earth 789 = Superman I,II,III,IV,Supergirl, Batman 89, Batman Returns, Batman 89, Superman 78 and CW Crisis on infinite Earths.
2 In Superman Returns the prequel when Perry White asks Lois for an article on superman, he mentions that maybe a friend from the Gotham Gazzette knows a thing or two about caped wonders (referencing Batman), a henchman of Lex Luthor seems to have worked for Joker (has a clown tattoo on his head), Gotham is mentioned in the news in Superman Returns and Joker is mentioned in Crisis on infinite earths.
And most importantly, this:

1683250830594.jpeg

I think that in the same way that Superman Reeve and Batman Keaton coexist, we can assume that Superman Routh and Batman Bale coexist.
It's an idea I like, it would help explain how Bruce survived the bomb explosion in the dark knight rises and it would connect the dark knight rises well with crisis on infinite earths.

I don't remember who mentioned it, but Thomas Jane wasn't in Spider-Man 2 and it was never confirmed that the character people like to think is the Punisher really is, even if it was Thomas Jane's stunt double (which I'm not even sure of). Just thought I'd clear that up. I looked for it but it's not there. Also, they're separate Earths.
We can assume that in general they are separate earths but in one of both the events that also occurred in the other may have occurred.
An example
Suppose earth 1 is from Sam Raimi's spider-man trilogy and earth 2 is the Punisher universe.
Although both are officially not the same earths, I don't think there is a problem with connecting the events of one to the other, assuming that Punisher as it happened on Earth 2 happened on Earth 1, being canon in both universes.
Something like this we can do with the Nolanverse and Earth 96, although Nolanverse may be a different earth than earth 96, we can assume that the dark knight trilogy also took place on earth 96 as well as it took place in the Nolanverse.

We can assume that in general they are separate earths but in one of both the events that also occurred in the other may have occurred.
An example
Suppose earth 1 is from Sam Raimi's spider-man trilogy and earth 2 is the Punisher universe.
Although both are officially not the same earths, I don't think there is a problem with connecting the events of one to the other, assuming that Punisher as it happened on Earth 2 happened on Earth 1, being canon in both universes.
Something like this we can do with the Nolanverse and Earth 96, although Nolanverse may be a different earth than earth 96, we can assume that the dark knight trilogy also took place on earth 96 as well as it took place in the Nolanverse.
Problem is DC or the Warner Bros did a online hunt game add to The Dark Knight (2008) by do story about a crime is Fall apart since the event of the Batman Begins (2004) that sort hint a normal human Clark Kent and Lois Lane from the Daily Planet.

1 Earth 789 I think it's the extended version of the name earth 89, I don't see problems with the multiverse of the comics being the same as the one of the movies and the arrowverse.
They can't be the same multiverse. There's contradicting portrayals of Gods to start with.

Problem is DC or the Warner Bros did a online hunt game add to The Dark Knight (2008) by do story about a crime is Fall apart since the event of the Batman Begins (2004) that sort hint a normal human Clark Kent and Lois Lane from the Daily Planet.
What is the problem with this?
1 Do you have any reference Link of said game? I can't find it, I only get the marketing campaign of the dark knight which I know completely and there is no mention of Clark Kent as far as I know.
I would appreciate if you send a source or something.
2 What is the problem with this? It is assumed that in the eyes of the world Clark Kent is a normal human, in Superman Returns only Clark and Martha know the identity of Superman, in the eyes of the rest of the world Clark Kent is a normal human.

They are not the same multiverse. The same reasoning for how Crossover Earth being part of the DC Multiverse and the Marvel Multiverse doesn't make then the same multiverse. The same reason Invincible doesn't have an Earth despite crossing over with Earth-616 Spider-Man and meeting mainstream Batman. Batman/Superman: Generations is part of both the Marvel Multiverse and DC Multiverse because of the Captain America/Batman crossover.

The Presence and The One Above All are separate beings and are the Gods of their respective multiverses. The same explanation for having the Presence and the Live-Action Multiverse God co-existing as rulers/creators of these specific worlds is simply the same as the Presence and The One Above All co-existing for Earth-7642 and Earth-3839. It just... is.

Multiple realities have quite literally existed in two different multiverses before. If that's the case, then why couldn't Earth-89 exist in the comic multiverse as Earth-789?

The Anti-Monitor didn't destroy those universes because it wasn't part of his multiverse. He destroyed Earth-89 and Earth-66 because they are part of his multiverse. The same way Secret Wars (2015) would affect Earth-7642 and Earth-3839 but not the rest of the DC Multiverse.
View attachment 1062
Here's a good example as well.

The Bat-Man of Gotham, additionally, essentially explains something that was set up in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

This is something that has presidence in fiction and comics. I think it's a possibility even if we're not going with it at the moment.
That photo it's how I Imagine the 2 DC multiverses to be.

Last edited:
IMG_20230505_071410.jpg
List of Pre-crisis universes that survived the Crisis, that weren't shown in the CW event, Earth-77 isn't among them, so if We have to Belive that Linda Carter's Wonder Woman Is still out there, the only way Is to have the show be set in Earth-66 of post-crisis.

Or, it's part of the Post-Crisis Earth-76 (not 77). They confirmed all the Earths that were based on established DC films and shows were restored.

By the way, wasn't Batman '89 "confirmed" to be part of the Live-Action Multiverse by Sam Hamm when he joked about Earth-97 (semi-official number)? So, if we're saying that Batman '89 and Superman '78 are part of Earth-789 then it would still imply they co-exist in two separate multiverses somehow.

I almost feel like putting it to a vote with this whole ordeal. It's not got a proper "true" answer, and until some more clear confirmation, it's Schrödinger's Canon. Both answers could be true. Though, it seems logical that the Burtonverse is always the Burtonverse regardless of the medium... but then we have to account for other "non-Burtonverse" lore. No matter what we're making an assumption or a head-canon or something.

The best you can have is that maybe Dark Crisis confirmed Superman '78 and Batman '89 are part of Earth-789, and Sam Hamm "confirmed" Batman '89 is Earth-89. But, then Superman '78 is stated to have a different Bruce Wayne and is set between Superman II and Superman III. This retcons it to be post-Superman IV and set in 1989, with the West/Keaton amalgam Bruce Wayne canonically being Keaton.

Then we have The Flash movie where Zod and Supergirl in Earth-89 are different. To be fair, it might be a Flashpoint Earth-1 where other timelines have been incorporated into it like the original Flashpoint. Grifter was already part of the Flashpoint timeline before WildStorm merged into the New 52 Universe, for example. In that case, an alternate version of Keaton's Batman history would be part of that reality rather than our Keaton, which opens up a whole new can of worms.

The Batman/Superman Anthology films have been retconned, like, 5 times now lol. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

I honestly don't know, since DC can't really leave out the 2 anthologies, I honeslty liked better how they were before, anyway for what I know accordinly to the arrowverse wiki and other sources these are the earths in the new multiverse:

Earth-Prime [Arrowverse]
Earth-1 [DCEU]
Earth-2 [Stargirl/The Batman]
Earth-9 [Titans]
Earth-12 [Green Lantern]
Earth-19 [Swamp Thing]
Earth-21 [Doom Patrol]
Earth-66 [Batman/Wonder Woman (?)]
Earth-89/789 (?) [A Lot of Things]
Earth-96 [Returns]
Earth-167 [Smallville]
Earth-203 [Birds of Prey]
Earth-666 [Lucifer]
Earth-4125 [Arrowverse Related]
Inverse World [Arrowverse Related]
Earth-TUD25 [Superman & Lois]
Earth-TUD26 [Naomi (?)]
Earth-TUD27 [The Sandman (?)]
Earth-TUD28 [Gotham Knights (?)]

Or, it's part of the Post-Crisis Earth-76 (not 77). They confirmed all the Earths that were based on established DC films and shows were restored.

By the way, wasn't Batman '89 "confirmed" to be part of the Live-Action Multiverse by Sam Hamm when he joked about Earth-97 (semi-official number)? So, if we're saying that Batman '89 and Superman '78 are part of Earth-789 then it would still imply they co-exist in two separate multiverses somehow.

I almost feel like putting it to a vote with this whole ordeal. It's not got a proper "true" answer, and until some more clear confirmation, it's Schrödinger's Canon. Both answers could be true. Though, it seems logical that the Burtonverse is always the Burtonverse regardless of the medium... but then we have to account for other "non-Burtonverse" lore. No matter what we're making an assumption or a head-canon or something.

The best you can have is that maybe Dark Crisis confirmed Superman '78 and Batman '89 are part of Earth-789, and Sam Hamm "confirmed" Batman '89 is Earth-89. But, then Superman '78 is stated to have a different Bruce Wayne and is set between Superman II and Superman III. This retcons it to be post-Superman IV and set in 1989, with the West/Keaton amalgam Bruce Wayne canonically being Keaton.

Then we have The Flash movie where Zod and Supergirl in Earth-89 are different. To be fair, it might be a Flashpoint Earth-1 where other timelines have been incorporated into it like the original Flashpoint. Grifter was already part of the Flashpoint timeline before WildStorm merged into the New 52 Universe, for example. In that case, an alternate version of Keaton's Batman history would be part of that reality rather than our Keaton, which opens up a whole new can of worms.

The Batman/Superman Anthology films have been retconned, like, 5 times now lol. It's getting a bit ridiculous.
Exactly, I think it should go to a vote.
But you know it's not ridiculous?
The Dark Knight trilogy on earth 96
: BDS_TDK_CameoClarkKent.jpg

Honestamente, no lo sé, dado que DC realmente no puede dejar de lado las 2 antologías, honestamente me gustaba más cómo eran antes, de todos modos, por lo que sé de acuerdo con el wiki de arrowverse y otras fuentes, estas son las tierras en el nuevo multiverso:

Tierra-Prime [Arrowverse]
Tierra-1 [DCEU]
Tierra-2 [Niña estrella/Batman]
Tierra-9 [Titanes]
Tierra-12 [Linterna Verde]
Tierra-19 [Cosa del Pantano]
Tierra-21 [Patrulla Condenada]
Tierra-66 [Batman/Mujer Maravilla (?)]
Tierra-89/789 (?) [Muchas cosas]
Tierra-96 [Devoluciones]
Tierra-167 [Smallville]
Tierra-203 [Aves de presa]
Tierra-666 [Lucifer]
Earth-4125 [Relacionado con Arrowverse]
Mundo inverso [Arrowverse relacionado]
Tierra-TUD25 [Superman y Lois]
Tierra-TUD26 [Naomi (?)]
Tierra-TUD27 [El hombre de arena (?)]
Tierra-TUD28 [Caballeros de Gotham (?)]
EARTH-96 the dark knight trilogy and superman returns

I honestly don't know, since DC can't really leave out the 2 anthologies, I honeslty liked better how they were before, anyway for what I know accordinly to the arrowverse wiki and other sources these are the earths in the new multiverse:

Earth-Prime [Arrowverse]
Earth-1 [DCEU]
Earth-2 [Stargirl/The Batman]
Earth-9 [Titans]
Earth-12 [Green Lantern]
Earth-19 [Swamp Thing]
Earth-21 [Doom Patrol]
Earth-66 [Batman/Wonder Woman (?)]
Earth-89/789 (?) [A Lot of Things]
Earth-96 [Returns]
Earth-167 [Smallville]
Earth-203 [Birds of Prey]
Earth-666 [Lucifer]
Earth-4125 [Arrowverse Related]
Inverse World [Arrowverse Related]
Earth-TUD25 [Superman & Lois]
Earth-TUD26 [Naomi (?)]
Earth-TUD27 [The Sandman (?)]
Earth-TUD28 [Gotham Knights (?)]
Earth-F?

Bare bones DC Multiverse:

Earth-1 - DC Extended Universe
Earth-2 - Stargirl (The Batman?)
Earth-9 - Titans
Earth-12 - Green Lantern
Earth-19 - Swamp Thing
Earth-21 - Doom Patrol
Earth-66 - Batman '66/The Green Hornet
Earth-76 - Wonder Woman '75
Earth-89 - Batman '89 (Superman '78?) Earth-789 in Comic Multiverse?
Earth-90 - The Flash '90
Earth-96 - Superman Returns
Earth-97 - Batman '95
Earth-167 - Smallville
Earth-203 - Birds of Prey
Earth-666 - Lucifer
Earth-F - Superman '41
Earth-Prime - Arrowverse
Earth-?? - Harley Quinn
Earth-?? - Superman & Lois
Earth-?? - Naomi
Earth-?? - The Sandman/Dead Boy Detectives

I know Harley Quinn is controversial but we know Earth-F is a cartoon universe in the multiverse. It doesn't bother me since Harley Quinn doesn't connect with any other cartoon worlds, and it was a voice in the multiverse. Just because Teen Titans Go! was a fictional show in a universe in the multiverse does not mean every animated universe shown in the Live-Action Multiverse is fictional.

All worlds were restored Post-Crisis apparently.

Latest posts

Back