Batman Beyond Miniseries!

Nice! That series was awesome. I'll get this.

So, I never got into Batman Beyond, although I enjoyed a lot of the WB DC animated stuff.

But out of curiosity, from the fans out there, who would you like to see writing and drawing this? From what little I know, I think Tony Bedard might be a good fit....

Last edited:
Hrmm....good question.

I can see Dwayne McDuffie writing this, seeing as he was part of the Bruce Timm team that produced this, maybe even Mark Waid.

As for an artist, I haven't got a clue.

Hopefully it's Paul writing it.

Paul Dini is the only man for the job.

To my knowledge, he created Terry McGinnis. He's also one of the most solid Batman writers of the last ten years. As for an artist, I'm not really sure who I'd want. The only people I definitely wouldn't want to see as the artists are Bruce Timm (purely because we've already seen his interpretation of the character loads of times) and Ed McGuinness (purely because he is crap).

Also, I would suggest that this be independent of the animated series' continuity.

Last edited:
Paul Dini is the only man for the job.

To my knowledge, he created Terry McGinnis. He's also one of the most solid Batman writers of the last ten years. As for an artist, I'm not really sure who I'd want. The only people I definitely wouldn't want to see as the artists are Bruce Timm (purely because we've already seen his interpretation of the character loads of times) and Ed McGuinness (purely because he is crap).

Also, I would suggest that this be independent of the animated series' continuity.

I'm pretty sure Terry appeared as a cameo in Loeb and Ed's Batman/Superman run.

I'm pretty sure Terry appeared as a cameo in Loeb and Ed's Batman/Superman run.

He did, that's why I don't want to see Ed McGuinness draw him again.

d_2855.jpg

If Paul Dini was in charge I would like it to be semi cannon.

Yeeaahh...I suppose you're right.

A lot of Dini's recent run on Detective was sort of 'expanding' or re-writing episodes of the Animated Series. The Riddler had reformed (just like an episode of the 'toon) only, instead of his capture taking place at the end of the issue, he went on to become a private detective and featured in loads of stories (most of which, were great).

Also, Harley was released from Arkham in one of his stories (again, like an episode) and we got to see even more of her backstory (including a very nice little story about her first meeting with the Ventriloquist).

Basically, what I'm getting at is that most of what Dini did for Detective was just subtly improving ideas he had already had for the animated series. If he could do something similar for Batman Beyond, I'd be on board straight away.

The big problem with continuity and canonicity is of course Return of the Joker for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:
Ah. In that case, I really wouldn't want it to be canon.

I'd like it to be ambiguous, leaning more towards the standard DCU, just so there's nothing 'holding it back' in terms of continuity.

C-A-N-O-N.

I guess it all comes down to how they publish it. If they have it come through the imprint that handles their TV-to-comics adaptations, then it will probably be canon. If it's a story in the multiverse, it will probably do its own thing. I'd like to see the latter. From what I understand, the TV series did a pretty good job tying up all its loose ends.

I'd kind of like to see a multiverse story.

Specifically, I'd like to see if they can show that Catwoman movie that never got through. True, the basic plot got into Epilouge over in JLU, but I always wanted to see Catwoman Beyond.

And, we have a writer and artist, plus a basic plot summary.

Quoting from the the DC blog:

Starting in June, BATMAN BEYOND — a six-issue mini-series from writer Adam Beechen (who's no stranger to animated characters, having worked on The Batman series a few years back) and artist Ryan Benjamin — will pit the future Dark Knight against his own past, as a dangerous force has begun to target Bruce Wayne's old foes. Can Wayne's past put Terry's future in danger?

"The dark future of the legendary animated series comes to the DCU in a six-issue miniseries, as Terry McGinniss, Bruce Wayne's young successor as Batman, faces his deadliest foe yet — a mystery murderer from the Dark Knight's past! Old faces return, new allies and enemies step into the light, and the partnership between Terry and Bruce — not to mention Terry and Bruce themselves — might not survive!"

They misspelled Terry's name.

Honestly, I'm apprehensive. Poor Cassandra Cain.

Latest posts

Back