Batman: City of Scars Fanfilm

Gothamite

Not sure if there's a thread for this or if it's in the right forum category, but it certainly should be and it absolutely deserves its own thread.

[video=dailymotion;xdpig1]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdpig1_city-of-scars_shortfilms[/video]

Easily my favourite fan-film, ever. The acting is rarely below average and the writing is superb. Batman and the Joker are excellent and it was very brave of the actors to not just retread over Bale and Ledger's performances
(although I was a teensy bit worried that they may have been doing that with the first Joker scene). The ending may be controversial, but of the many possible deaths for the Joker, it's a very good one, I think. The Joker is supposed to symbolise absolute evil, in the same way that Joe Chill does, so it's absolutely fitting that the Joker should be shot dead by a vengeful child.

Ice posted this in the video thread. It's absolutely great. I wish WB would finance small films like this, just get talented nobodies to make something original and release a DVD with all these shorts.

This actually sends chills down my spine. The guy's voice reminds me of Kevin Conroy and his narration at the end is so awesome.

Last edited:
Ice posted this in the video thread. It's absolutely great. I wish WB would finance small films like this, just get talented nobodies to make something original and release a DVD with all these shorts.

Could the Mods maybe leave this thread here for discussion then? I think this movie is epic enough that it deserves its own thread.

I will say though that the movie could have substituted Scarface for a less silly villain.

I could see that they were trying their absolute hardest to make him gritty and cool, but they just barely failed, I think.

Even though he's an interesting and not entirely unrealistic concept for a character, I don't think there's anyway to make him "cool".

Wow that was actually a really good fan film. These are always entertaining but this one was the best one I've seen in a while.
I kept thinking the Joker would appear alive at the end but I guess I was wrong. I did totally guess Black Canary was who the bar tender was supposed to be. I thought the Scarface part would seem very hokey if you didn't know who it was but the character worked better than Black Mask or Penguin would in the situation.
I wish there were a lot more fan films like this one it was really good.

The Batcycle and its password was completely awesome. And while I predicted it, I was very glad to see Batman dispose the bomb the way he did.

wow, that was pretty cool.

I thought they could have done a better job with the Joker though. He came across as a sane guy trying to pretend to be insane, in my opinion.

Harley on the other hand was amazing.

I also like how batman uses mapquest to follow his tracking devices!

Last edited:
I thought they could have done a better job with the Joker though. He came across as a sane guy trying to pretend to be insane, in my opinion.

Yeah, I didn't quite like the Joker. He had the look of Alex Ross' Joker at some parts (the one from the Harley Quinn mini series). But he just didn't seem crazy enough.

Latest posts

Back