Batman: Under the Red Hood (Spoilers)

nigma

This is the next installment in the DC animated Movies. Batman: Under the Red Hood
Batman faces his ultimate challenge as the mysterious Red Hood takes Gotham City by firestorm. One part vigilante, one part criminal kingpin, Red Hood begins cleaning up Gotham with the efficiency of Batman, but without following the same ethical code. Killing is an option. And when the Joker falls in the balance between the two, hard truths are revealed and old wounds are reopened

[you can find the movie if you know where to look]

This was a MILLION times better than that Gotham Knights crap they made a couple of years ago. After having watched this, I have a lot more respect for the guys that wrote "Batman: A Death in the Family" because that was one brutal story. They don't use the exact story line, but the concept.

The story starts out with Robin (Jason) tied up in some warehouse being beaten to death by the Joker by a crowbar. The Joker leaves Jason on the verge of death and leaves, just as Batman is getting near the warehouse it goes !BOOM!.

The story next picks up a few years later in Gotham, with a meeting of local drug lords. Red Hood is introduced and tells them that they all work for him and not the Black Mask. If they don't want to do that then they can join their 1st Lieutenant. (tosses a duffel bag full human heads onto the table).

From there the story continues...

Neal Patrick Harries does a pretty good job of playing Dick Grayson aka Nightwing aka the 1st Robin. He provides the comic relief, and does a pretty decent job. The actions scenes are pretty well done as well. They left quite a few things in the 'implied" factor and it works.

8.4/10

I liked it.

The guy who was doing the voice for the Red Hood was awesome at his job. John Dimaggio had a decent interpretation of the Joker, and the Batman guy didn't make me miss Kevin Conroy.

I watched this today. I recognised Nightwing's voice as one of the spider-man voices. I think from MTV show but possibly ultimate game. Still the film it's self was great.

The guy playing The Red Hood is Jensen Ackles from Supernatural, which is a show everyone should watch.

The guy playing Nightwing is Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) and has indeed portrayed Spider-Man before; most notably in the MTV series.

Can't wait to see this. Torn on whether to buy it in Blu or just buy the DVD (it's animation...how HD can it be?).

The guy playing Nightwing is Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) and has indeed portrayed Spider-Man before; most notably in the MTV series.

I don't watch that How i met your mother, but Woohoo! I was right about Spidey!

This was pretty good and from what I hear better than the comic version. Which is interesting because Winnick wrote both.

The problem with the comic is it didn't have an ending.

Everything DC animated does is awesome, so I am definitely ****ing buying this.

Just pissed they didn't take my suggestion of putting Wolverine under the red hood.

Last edited:
This was perhaps better then the comic and the strongest movie to date. It had all the character moments and complexity that I loved in the books, but it made it more simple. Without reality-punching, and crossovers.

The only scene I missed that wasnt here was the Black Mask-Red Hood beatdown in the restaurant (I think it was).

The one moment I missed was Bruce talking to Clark...

Otherwise, I thought it was phenomenal. Blew all the other direct to video films out of the water.

I am downloading this at the moment but I have watched the Jonah Hex short that was included. It was only 11 minutes long and yet much better than the live action version. And Thomas Jane voiced Hex. Badass.

What everyone else said. Excellent and definitely the best of the animated DC films yet.

So I finally saw this and it is awesome. Damn good on almost every level. Voice acting was awesome, animation was superb. My only problem is that the opening scene wasn't dramatic enough. Jason looking barely scratched both before and after the blast. But everything else about the scene was great they just didn't give it that extra emotional push it needs. I wish DC would move past the origin movies and tell more stories like this. Just take really great comic arcs and make them into a movie. Cause honestly I've already scene, read, or know very well all the origins so what they're doing and it just seems stale. I would love to see something like the Sinestro war or even Blackest Night Maybe a final crisis or Batman RIP. Just cool stories we haven't already seen in movie before.

Latest posts

Back