Be Kind Rewind!

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I can't believe it but I'm looking forward to a jack black film. Sure I think he still sucks in the clips from but it's the idea of it I like.
Jerry (Jack Black) is a junkyard worker who attempts to sabotage a power plant he suspects of causing his headaches. But he inadvertently causes his brain to become magnetized, leading to the unintentional destruction of all the movies in his friend's (Mos Def) store. In order to keep the store's one loyal customer, an elderly lady with a tenuous grasp on reality, the pair re-create a long line of films including The Lion King, Rush Hour, Ghostbusters, When We Were Kings, Back to the Future, Driving Miss Daisy, and Robocop , putting themselves and their townspeople into it. They become the biggest stars in their neighborhood.

Comic con preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvC_ZzXv_Lc

Last edited:
I don't know what to think of that synopsis....I'll probably see it because I'm a Jack Black fan.

But I'm not expecting it to be stellar. When seeing a Jack Black film....one can't set their expectations to be very high. It is what it is.

I don't know what to think of that synopsis....I'll probably see it because I'm a Jack Black fan.

But I'm not expecting it to be stellar. When seeing a Jack Black film....one can't set their expectations to be very high. It is what it is.

I'm not expecting it to be great BUT i'm looking forward to some of the piss takes like Ghostbusters and back to the future

What is the point of criticizing a Jack Black film for being stupid or low brow?

It sounds funny. I'd watch it.

yes it is.

he did eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and the science of sleep.

i have no doubt this will be f'in awesome.

I try to pretend I'm, oh so high brow, when it comes to comedy. Yet, Jack Black makes me laugh like no one in a long time.

scrolls.GIF

Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, to name his most famous.

I can't decide whether I like that film or his documentary, "Dave Chappelle's Block Party", better. They're both four-star films, to be sure, but Eternal will probably stand the test of time better than Chappelle.

As for "The Science of Sleep", I heard it was overrated. Or just so-so, or whatever you call it.

What is the point of criticizing a Jack Black film for being stupid or low brow?
I concur.

This film idea is genius, and I'd probably be more excited if some other comedian were in it. I'll probably watch it if all the Jack Black fans in my city shut up.

If this film is being helmed by Michel Gondry (I've always loved his music videos), I expect that there's a more tender touch to the whole thing though.

Latest posts

Back