Bee Movie

So I've been stuck with having to babysit my neighbor/co-worker's kid at the last minute twice this week.

They left their Bee Movie here.

Seriously---this movie gets funnier each time I see it. I keep picking up on new things each time. I might actually have to buy this.

This is just one more movie in a long line of movies that I can't evaluate on any level except one. Like Antz and A Bug's Life, every time I think about or see a reference to the movie, my mind is completely consumed by one objection:

BEES ARE FEMALE. THE ONLY NON-FEMALE BEES ARE BRAINLESS DRONES WHO DIE TO IMPREGNATE THE QUEEN. SAME WITH ANTS.

All those bees you see are female. All those ants you see are female. They're also sisters. This bothers me so much that I can't even comprehend seeing this movie without my head exploding.

Yes, I know I should be more bothered that they're talking. I know it's a kid's movie. I know it's stupid.

But that bee should be a GIRL.

I watched this again the other day and this post just kept jumping to mind.

Ugh. Feminism ruins everything.

I finally just saw this. I really enjoyed it. Most of the fun was just in getting to listen to Jerry for a couple hours, but I laughed out loud at a handful of the jokes too. Pretty much any moment where they pushed the envelope was a great one.

I've been catching up on my 30 Rock and saw the Seinfeldvision episode where he promotes Bee movie. It was hilarious. It makes me wish he came back to Thursday nights.

Latest posts

Back