Behaviour you've learned from movies

Planet-man

Toronto, Ontario(by way of the Kepler Verge)
Everyone has these. You see a movie and from that point on for days, months, years, the rest of your life maybe, you do something differently. If it's a long enough one, you might eventually forget it had anything to do with the movie and it just becomes a part of who you are. Sometimes it's a way of living, other times it's just a new detail in your routine, but everyone has these. Some more than others. What are yours?

Here are a few of mine(try and keep up the spoiler-thing, please:wink:):

Jaws -
I do an 360 lookaround underwater every single time I go beneath the surface. If I'm under for a while, I'll keep doing them every so often. Even if it's just in a pool.

Signs -
I slept with a glass of water next to my bed for five+ years after seeing this film.

Arachnaphobia -
I can not sit down on the toilet until I bang the lid up and down a couple times and take a quick look behind the tank for spiders and such. Every single time, for years.

Vanilla Sky -
Not really a movie-specific one here, but the emphasis on "turning it all around" inspired me, among other things, to finally bother to actually floss my teeth every night. I've kept this up.

I'll post more later if this takes off. Your turn.

*slow claps in hopes of starts a bigger clap*

I, unfortunately, now stand in the middle of the road in front of oncoming traffic and yell, "C'mon. HIT ME!"

I've learned never to trust women named VIolet who lose earrings in the sink.

I've learned murder is a perfect solution to a loveless marriage.

I, unfortunately, now stand in the middle of the road in front of oncoming traffic and yell, "C'mon. HIT ME!"

My 7 year old brother learned to tell people if they were going to die or not on the flip of a coin from the very same film!

Aliens taught me to get it checked out if my chest felt funny.
Snakes on a Plane taught me that Sam Jackson can make any film plot AWESOME.
LOTR taught me that jewellery stolen from the severed fingers of bad men is never good.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull taught me that any good franchise can be raped, given enough effort.

My brother and I always do the "What are you talking about? Who you talking to?" bit from Truman Show when people act weird and expect us to connect with their stupidity.

Similary, conversational discomfort leading to a rapid change of subject begins with, "How about I fix you some all new Mococoa drink? All natural cocoa grown on the upper slopes of Mount Nicaragua! I've tasted other cocoas before. This is the best!"

My brother and I always do the "What are you talking about? Who you talking to?" bit from Truman Show when people act weird and expect us to connect with their stupidity.

Similary, conversational discomfort leading to a rapid change of subject begins with, "How about I fix you some all new Mococoa drink? All natural cocoa grown on the upper slopes of Mount Nicaragua! I've tasted other cocoas before. This is the best!"

Guilty.

I also add the whole part where they slam Truman against a poster.

It's not from a movie, but I always do the blank stare that Tim/Jim does in THE OFFICE. Especially when stupid people are talking to me.

I learned how to be awful from The Happening.

And how to run from the wind.

In a similar vein to Proj's post, if locked out of a building, I will use my car to break through the glass double doors.

"We are in a car!"

Latest posts

Back