Bendis-Not a fan of Iceman?

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Somehow, I don't think Bendis likes Iceman. He either didn't use him or wrote him as a cameo character whenever he wrote the X-Men somewhere. And no one better come with this "maybe he had no use for him" BS. Because that's what it is- BS!

I mean, I just got an early gift from a friend, which was Ultimate Spider-Man VOL. 7: "Irresponible". The X-Men guest starred here, except for Iceman! Well, Wolverine wasn't here either, but at least that was addressed that he was "missing". But no mention of Iceman. Not even shown in one panel!! :x

And of course, everyone remembers his run on UXM. And yeah, I know the X-Men themselves didn't appear much as Wolverine. But who of the X-Men appeared the least? ICEMAN! He only appeared as a cameo character, and for a whole damn year of issues, Bendis only had Iceman say 4 damn words!

And as I was told, the X-Men also appeared in the USM 2-part arc featuring Wolverine (66-67). And guess who wasn't there. None other than Iceman. Doesn't matter if someone else wasn't there, 'cause Iceman wasn't either!!

I HIGHLY doubt this is a coincedence from Bendis. Something just isn't right. And I'm going to do something about it!! :twisted:

Last edited:
Um, I have no idea of what you speak of. :innocent:

No, but on the serious side, I'm just going to write a "lovely" e-mail to Marvel to see wtf this happens everytime Bendis writes the X-Men.

icemastertron said:
And no one better come with this "maybe he had no use for him" BS. Because that's what it is- BS!

But he probably didn't.

Iceman served his purpose in the first arc of UXM. What else did he have to offer? He doesn't bring much to the table; he doesn't have a stand out personality. I mean he froze the pool during the Sinister arc...I don't know what else he really could do. He's young and inexperienced, so he's not going to be on the battlefield much.

Tell me about it!!!

All the great characters get neglected or they fake their deaths.

I'm with you all the way on this one man!

Also, at the time when Bendis probably wrote that script up, Iceman was in the hospital with that neck injury, do you remember? It's an honest mistake...

XTFLyons said:
screw iceman how bout how bad daredevil is getting screwed over :twisted:
even with Bendis backing him...

Screw Iceman?! What about Daredevil?! Boy, don't change the thread subject!!! :evil:

I don't care how much older you may be than me. Don't think age can do something here.

And I was making a joke as well. Next time, we'll both put "lol".

So back at the subject at hand....

XTFLyons said:
screw iceman how bout how bad daredevil is getting screwed over :twisted:
even with Bendis backing him...

I thought this matter was resolved in a different thread a while ago. Ultimate Daredevil is working fine as a supporting character that only pops up every once in a while, and he doesn't really need any more recognition than he's getting right now.

Now, back to the actual thread subject...

Although with the X-Men having been stripped of a few members lately, including the upcoming absence of Wolverine, I'm sure there'll be plenty of room for Iceman in the next arc. Where Bendis went wrong, Vaughan won't.

I'm looking forward to reading about this new, smaller team of Ultimate X-Men, and you can bet that Bobby will be getting plenty of glory now that the team is more limited.

Iceman! At least he's appeared! What about poor Paste Pot Pete? He should have his own book... (LOL) i THINK?

Aeroth said:
I thought this matter was resolved in a different thread a while ago. Ultimate Daredevil is working fine as a supporting character that only pops up every once in a while, and he doesn't really need any more recognition than he's getting right now.

Nope I changed my mind Daredevil needs his own ultimate ongoing... right now marvel is just using him as firewood to Elektra's fire... which is wrong because Daredevil is definitely capable of an interesting ongoing title... he's got a lot of unique and interesting aspects to the character and the mythology... he's underestimated...

but yea sorry Ice... back to the original topic

XTFLyons said:
"LoL" :twisted:

:lol:

Aeroth said:
Where Bendis went wrong, Vaughan won't.

Does anyone besides Ice thing Bendis was "wrong" for not using Iceman more? :?

Nope. My favorite characters never get used in thier team books, but I haven't started ranting about it.

Yet.

And don't forget about Paste Pot Pete just yet...

Ultxon said:
I'm still waiting for ultimate Spider-Girl but I'm not ranting yet either

I hate when I can't tell if people are joking.

Latest posts

Back