Bendis on Ult. Spidey #65

E

Excelsior Club
The solicitation:

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #65
Written by Brian Michael Bendis
Cover & Pencils by Mark Bagley

It's the Breakfast Club redux as Peter, Mary Jane, Liz, Flash and Kong are busted and given detention. Nothing good can come of this! Meanwhile, Peter struggles with the events of Ultimate Carnage! 32 PGS./MARVEL ALL AGES …$2.25

UPC: 5960605031-06511
RELEASE DATE:

Here's what BMB said about it on his message board:

This solicit is a bit wacky actually. gwen is who gets them in detention and thats not exactly who is in the issue. but it is breakfast club homage. yeah, lts call it homage

ULTSM065.jpg

Strange cover seeing as how she's "not" Carnage.

Hey, I'm new here... New here, but I read the Ultimate titles and have been for a while...

I feel that this marks the end of Ultimate Gwen Stacy's life or she is going to be toed away from the Parker home. I have a bad feeling about this, too, because her character was put through the ringer the last few issues and it would definitely tarnish her character. Personally, I think it is an upset that Bendis has decided to tie her into the Carnage origin story because just by herself she is an interesting character that should be developed more before she gets beaten around by baddies.

Goodwill - welcome! Good to have you. :D

I think we're jumping the gun here on Gwen. I havne't seen any evidence that anything happens to her at all in this arc, and Bendy has been screwing with people about this since it was announced.

Bendis did say he had a high arc for Gwen planned. If she doesn't die, maybe we can expect and incident similar to the one Mary Jane experienced when Green Goblin hurled her off a bridge in #22 or so. Only this time it would deal with Carnage, which in my opinion is a lot scarier!

Well, if she were going to be killed I would want her to be killed by Venom... She seemed to be on a more personal level with him than she has with any other villain, so it only seems right. That would make for a better story!

This solicit is a bit wacky actually. gwen is who gets them in detention and thats not exactly who is in the issue. but it is breakfast club homage. yeah, lts call it homage

And this is the man we trust to write our comic books.

LoL...

But reading his little correction of the solicitation, does it sound to you like Gwen is there, but there may be a possibility that Mary Jane, Liz, Kong, or Flash might not be there? Gwen gets them into detention so it's gotta be her showing up... Unless she is Carnage and, while Carnage, she trashes the school or something and Peter and the gang are held responsible... I dunno, that's why I'm shaky about the damn arc.

Been catching up on Ultimate Spider-Man through scans, as I haven't read the book since "Blockbuster".

I actually really liked this issue, even if it was nothing but dialogue and ended on a completely meh point of Peter beating the crud out of some random punks.

I don't know why, for all of Bendis' faults, I tend to have a weak spot for his lectures on 'good people vs. bad people' and 'what men are really made of'.

Been catching up on Ultimate Spider-Man through scans, as I haven't read the book since "Blockbuster".

I actually really liked this issue, even if it was nothing but dialogue and ended on a completely meh point of Peter beating the crud out of some random punks.

I don't know why, for all of Bendis' faults, I tend to have a weak spot for his lectures on 'good people vs. bad people' and 'what men are really made of'.

Wasn't Blockbuster UXM?

Goodwill - welcome! Good to have you. :D

I think we're jumping the gun here on Gwen. I havne't seen any evidence that anything happens to her at all in this arc, and Bendy has been screwing with people about this since it was announced.

Weeeeeird.

Latest posts

Back