Bendis talks on Ultimate Spider-Man at CBR; Ultimate Spider-Man #87 preview.

cmdrjanjalani said:
You don't really need the USM game to understand its repurcussions and can be conveniently explained through short flashbacks.
The problem is that Bendis has never been very good with flashbacks. He usually resorts to telling them in wordless cinematic panels that may be EVOCATIVE but not INFORMATIVE.

At least when Hitch tried to show that Banner had Hulked out prior to The Ultimates, Millar had a lot of (admittedly overly expository) dialogue that simultaneously set up the story and told the backstory efiiciently before, after and across that flashback panel with Spidey.

What Bendis does works in his self-contained Jinxworld books, but NOT in his long-running serial superhero comics.

Green Goblin and Hoblin(slang for Hobgoblin) rock like Everest, dudes! I mean, who doesn't want Hulk with the Human Torches powers? Huh? Huh!?

sorry, I had a sudden urge:oops:

Yeah, that's fine... It's the fact that they were handled very inefficiently that really gets me cooked about, at least, the Hobgoblin arc. Spider-Man is more about the man under the mask, right? Well, I think the same principle should be instated for his villains, too. What provokes these guys into "hulking out"? Good question... Yeah, I got why Harry was the Hob, but didn't get why Bendis did that to him. :shrug:

i am really looking forward to the rest of this arc, the first issue seemed VERY short, but i reckon the next one should be a good kick-start

Either way, the first level of the game takes place during USM #38, the second level very soon after USM #45 due to his not having the costume yet, and, despite what Bendis said and to avoid even more screw-ups, the rest of the game takes place sometime during the Superstars arc. End of story.
good point, i don't really see the point of having the game shown at a specific time because there are to many discrepancies for it to fit really.

Does anyone else see Kitty/Pete's realtionship ending with those though bubbles. I was gonna repsond to it in the Deadpool thread but figured it was more appropriate here.

Peter's like a school a boy and everything he said is going to jepordize his identity. Eventually it won't work out.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Does anyone else see Kitty/Pete's realtionship ending with those though bubbles. I was gonna repsond to it in the Deadpool thread but figured it was more appropriate here.

Peter's like a school a boy and everything he said is going to jepordize his identity. Eventually it won't work out.

That's why I think Peter is as dumb as MJ at this point... But he's 16. I'm as dumb as he is... Shoot.

Anyway, do you guys notice how the coloring has improved?

Latest posts

Back