Bendis talks Ultimate Spider-Man

Zimzallabim

http://comics.ign.com/articles/727/727958p1.html

There will not be an Ultimate scarlet Spider, or so Bendis says. Bagley's repalcement will be able to hold his workload, but will not be a "Bagley Clone". And to the despair of the bendis haters, he has the next few years of the book planned out. Other than that, not much new info is given

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Bendis talks Ultimate Spidey

Zimzallabim said:
http://comics.ign.com/articles/727/727958p1.html

SPOILERS:

There will not be an Ultimate scarlet Spider, or so Bendis says. Bagley's repalcement will be able to hold his workload, but will not be a "Bagley Clone". And to the despair of the bendis haters, he has the next few years of the book planned out. Other than that, not much new info is given

Interesting, thanks Zim!

This is interesting:

Bendis was somewhat vague about the post-Saga direction of the book. He said that he couldn't say too much because the current arc would be spoiled. He did mention that upcoming stories would deal with the fall out from recent Annual issue. Characters such as Daredevil and Moon Knight will be devising new methods of taking down the Kingpin, creating an Ultimate Marvel Knights of sorts. Bendis was careful to mention that all of these developments would be inside the title, and not in spin-offs.

I'm glad that (at least for the near future) the "Ultimate Knights" will stay in USM...we've been getting too many Ultimate minis lately in my opinion.

As for the videogame:

Fans of the Ultimate Spider-Man videogame have been demanding to know when the game would tie back to the comics as promised. Bendis mentioned that the bridge would be coming up, either right before or after Mark Bagley departs from the series.

Also good to hear, especially after the Silver Sable arc.

Last edited:

whoah! did you see the picture of ultimate kaine!?

he looks like two-face!

spiderman is going to fight ultimate two-face! that panel is siiiiick. also, i like long term planning.

I told watcher that Bendis was not staying on.

I wish he wasn't though. USM is dull.

Last edited:

Ultimate Kaine?

Two words.

****ING.

AWESOME.

I do think a new writer'd be nice tho...

Funny how the threads post have a spoiler warning in it but the spoiler still shows on the mainpage. Not a very effective warning :wink:

Ultimate Warrior said:
Funny how the threads post have a spoiler warning in it but the spoiler still shows on the mainpage. Not a very effective warning :wink:

It's been editted.

So what would be so bad with the next artist being a "Bagley Clone". That would be like moaning that your missus was a "Jenifer Aniston Clone".

I love Bagley's art, and I'll really miss it once he's gone. My biggest dread is that they replace him with someboy with a totally different style. I've been reading USM since issue 1 and I just can't imagine anyone else drawing it - I remember hatting some of the artwork in Ultiamte Six & Team-Up - not cause it was especially bad - but simply that I'd fallen into the habbit of expecting those charcters to look only that way. Saying that I loved Mark Brooks work on the annuals - unless he's to much of a "Bagley Clone".

I love the consistency of having the same creative team for so long on one title, but I wish bendis would leave at the same time as Bagley. I feel that someone like Kirkman would be great for this book, as long he or any other writer does not do what JMS did to Amazing. As far as art goes, the only artist that I can think of that keep this workload, and keep the quality up is Salvador Larocca. However, he may not be right for this book:?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back