Best and Worst villains in a comic book movie?

Who are the best and worst villains in a comic book movie?

Best: Joker (TDK), Rasputin & Kronin (HellBoy), Zod (Superman 2), Magneto (X1 & X2)

Worst: Venom (Spidey 3), David Banner (The Hulk), Howard Saint (The Punisher), Brett Ratner (X-Men 3)

Worst: Victor Von Doom in Fantastic Four.

Best: The Penguin and Catwoman in Batman Returns.

Worst: Venom (Spidey 3)

YOU JUST MADE AN ENEMY FOR LIFE!:lol:

Mine in order :

Worst :

5 : Lex Luthor (superman returns)

4 : Joker (Batman)

3 Riddler (Batman forever)

2 David Banner (Hulk)

1 Mr Freeze (Batman & Robin)

Best :

5 Doc Ock (spider-man III)

4 Xerxes (300)

3 Chancellor Sutler. (V for Vendetta)

2 Joker (Dark knight)

1 General Zod (Superman II)

Green Goblin wants to be on my list as Best as he was portrayed great but his power ranger costume stops that.

Worst

Joker (Batman)
Mr.Freeze (Batman & Robin)
Poison Ivy (Batman & Robin)
Bane (Batman & Robin)
Venom (Spider-Man 3)
Sandman (Spider-Man 3)

Best

Joker (The Dark Knight)
Two-Face (The Dark Knight)
Ra Al Gul (Batman Begins)
Scarecrow (Batman Begins)
Doctor Octopus (Spider-Man 2)
Magneto (X-men 1-3)

Worst

Joker (Batman)

Unexpected...Are you ****ing kidding me? Jack wasn't the worst villian. he was limited in script. He was in every right equal to Leadger but considering comic book movies were just starting out... imagine the scenes where he was discovering his disformaty, smashing the mirror, and "where does he get those toys"... The worst? Even take Jim Carrey... "If you kill him..." moment... you think that's over the top. **** no. That's good ****. I'm disappointed in you Tog.

Last edited:
Unexpected...Are you ****ing kidding me? Jack wasn't the worst villian. he was limited in script. He was in every right equal to Leadger but considering comic book movies were just starting out... imagine the scenes where he was discovering his disformaty, smashing the mirror, and "where does he get those toys"... The worst?

I've always said in Batman Jack Nicholson was NOT the joker. heath ledger Became the joker. all Jack Nicholson could become was Jack Nicholson in make-up. I hated that. That's why he's on my list too.

I've always said in Batman Jack Nicholson was NOT the joker. heath ledger Became the joker. all Jack Nicholson could become was Jack Nicholson in make-up. I hated that. That's why he's on my list too.
I agree with this.

maybe but that hardly makes him the worst IMO. I kinda like the fact he was like BTAS Joker, part silly trickster, part dangerous maniac. Not the best Joker sure, but still fun.

Movie Lex Luthor and Movie Dr. Doom are far better examples of character rape then Jack's Joker.

maybe but that hardly makes him the worst IMO. I kinda like the fact he was like BTAS Joker, part silly trickster, part dangerous maniac. Not the best Joker sure, but still fun.

Movie Lex Luthor and Movie Dr. Doom are far better examples of character rape then Jack's Joker.

But that is opinion I'll admit. To me a guy not even trying to become the character or at least his own interpretation is worse than say Movie Dr. Doom. I may not like The fantastic four movies but Julian McMahon at least tried to take on the character of doom as he was written in his own way not just himself with a doom mask.

But that is me. How ever I do see why others would rate movie doom as worse.

Worst:

5- Dr Doom (Fantastic Four)
4- Ninjas (Elektra)
3- Skin Creme (Catwoman)
2- Juggernaut (X3)
1- Mistah Freeze! (Batman & Robin)

Best:

5- Joker (Batman 89)
4- Two-Face (The Dark Knight)
3- Doc Ock (Spider-Man 2)
2- Magneto (X-Men 1, 2)
1- Joker (The Dark Knight)

Unexpected...Are you ****ing kidding me? Jack wasn't the worst villian. he was limited in script. He was in every right equal to Leadger but considering comic book movies were just starting out... imagine the scenes where he was discovering his disformaty, smashing the mirror, and "where does he get those toys"... The worst? Even take Jim Carrey... "If you kill him..." moment... you think that's over the top. **** no. That's good ****. I'm disappointed in you Tog.

:shock:

Wrong.

I agree with MWoF, Jack did the best with what he had. He played the role really well specially considering the limits they had compared to today.

I'd say the worst comic book movie villain was Drake from Blade Trinity, they had a chance to do something really awesome with Blade vs Dracula and it just ended up as absolute crap.
But that is opinion I'll admit. To me a guy not even trying to become the character or at least his own interpretation is worse than say Movie Dr. Doom. I may not like The fantastic four movies but Julian McMahon at least tried to take on the character of doom as he was written in his own way not just himself with a doom mask.

But that is me. How ever I do see why others would rate movie doom as worse.

Also I find this post hilarious since McMahon was just "him in a mask" a hundred times worst than Jack

Last edited:
Also I find this post hilarious since McMahon was just "him in a mask" a hundred times worst than Jack

I don't want this turn in to a huge debate but what makes you say that? Julian McMahon played doom diffrent to how he has played other roles e.g Cole in Charmed (used that as example as that is the closet to doom since they are both villains) He didn't seem to be himself.

Jack Nicholson acted just like Jack Nicholson not another character. This is not to see he can't do that either as he has before but this time it was just Jack Nicholson as Jack Nicholson in make-up. He didn't seem to try and be another character.

I don't want this turn in to a huge debate but what makes you say that? Julian McMahon played doom diffrent to how he has played other roles e.g Cole in Charmed (used that as example as that is the closet to doom since they are both villains) He didn't seem to be himself.

Jack Nicholson acted just like Jack Nicholson not another character. This is not to see he can't do that either as he has before but this time it was just Jack Nicholson as Jack Nicholson in make-up. He didn't seem to try and be another character.
I've never watched Charmed but I've seen plenty of Nip tuck and he did nothing with the Doom character. He basically just read the lines. Jack did put himself in character, he did present a flair of insanity that the Joker has. There were times where he had the Joker done pretty well in his attitude, mannerisms, etc. Just because you can recognize his face and voice doesn't make his performance out of character. He did a good job and everything bad about his performance only stems from what was wrong with that movie in general

Julian McMahon had the acting chops, drive, personality, charm, charisma, and good looks of a wax figure.

In no way should he had ever played Doctor ****ing Doom.

Maybe because he didn't have to try and be another character. He was perfect for the part. All he had to do was be himself.

Jack Nicholson probably is a ****ed up clown mobster in real life.

Also, nothing good has come from the Fantastic Four films except for some awesome Silver Surfer effects. Silver Surfer was the ****.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back