Best Comic book ideas ever

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I knew everytime I looked at the Stupidest Comic Book... Thread that something was missing.

Anyway I've always wanted to talk about something without starting a thread that Project would persecute me for making a Daredevil-related thread....

So this is the opposite of the stupidest comic book ideas... what ideas do you like.

how is keeping him in the 10th grade a bad idea, explain yourself!
The way i see it, Ultimate spidey is the starter ultimate comic, the comic that grabs kids into the ultimate universe because it's somone they can relate to, as they grow up, they expand to more political works like Ultimates and soon Ultimate FF.

Ultxon said:
how is keeping him in the 10th grade a bad idea, explain yourself!
The way i see it, Ultimate spidey is the starter ultimate comic, the comic that grabs kids into the ultimate universe because it's somone they can relate to, as they grow up, they expand to more political works like Ultimates and soon Ultimate FF.

I...I... I don't know I just think he should grow up and be older... I'm sorry :cry:

I'm sorry, I'm a sadistic a-hole, I started to laugh when i saw the teary smiley face...

Anyway... we already have an older spidey, modern 616.

Ultxon said:
I'm sorry, I'm a sadistic a-hole, I started to laugh when i saw the teary smiley face...

Anyway... we already have an older spidey, modern 616.
True.

Anyway my contribution to this thread...

MGH

"It's like human growth hormone but this, supposedly, is isolated mutant gene. A DNA scrape that is bioengineered into an expensive and dangerous party drug. What it does, supposedly, it creates a... hold on, I wrote it down... Here it is: it creats a temporary genetic shift... giving the user some sort of extra boost... depending on that person's specific biology. But it's super dangerous. "
-Ben Urich (Daredevil: King of Hell's Kitchen #57)

So yeah, I love when this gets brought into storylines. A big one in Daredevil. I heard it made it's way to Alias at some point too. Did it show up anywhere else?

Best idea ever: MUTANTS. The fastest and easiest way to explain where someone powers come from. The concept of mutants revolutionized the Marvel universe and opened up a lot of creative possibilities. It also served as a metaphor for adolescence and racial prejudice. Think about all the good characters that are mutants (Marvel) or metahumans (DC).

mutantfreak said:
Best idea ever: MUTANTS. The fastest and easiest way to explain where someone powers come from. The concept of mutants revolutionized the Marvel universe and opened up a lot of creative possibilities. It also served as a metaphor for adolescence and racial prejudice. Think about all the good characters that are mutants (Marvel) or metahumans (DC).

Agreed...

mutantfreak said:
Best idea ever: MUTANTS.

Very true, and although I'm not the X-diehard other fans are, I agree completely with this.

Another of the all-time greatest ideas was the Fantastic Four. It changed the way comics were written and began a new era in comics.

As far as specific stories or events, Earth X was a great idea, and one of the most intelligent, thoughtful, and well thought-out stories I've ever read. Sentry was also a great idea which was unique and well thought out. Ultimate Spider-Man as a whole was a great idea, as was the Ultimates.

Personally I feel that the Hulk was one of the best comic book ideas ever. He's the raw fight of man vs. himself as Bruce Banner has to fight the beast within himself. Honestly, how many of us don't go through a day without pictureing themselves "hulking out" at someone or something... If only someone would write his story without goofy bigheaded villains. (referring to the Leader and the rest of his weak rogues)

TheManWithoutFear said:
MGH

"It's like human growth hormone but this, supposedly, is isolated mutant gene. A DNA scrape that is bioengineered into an expensive and dangerous party drug. What it does, supposedly, it creates a... hold on, I wrote it down... Here it is: it creats a temporary genetic shift... giving the user some sort of extra boost... depending on that person's specific biology. But it's super dangerous. "
-Ben Urich (Daredevil: King of Hell's Kitchen #57)

So yeah, I love when this gets brought into storylines. A big one in Daredevil. I heard it made it's way to Alias at some point too. Did it show up anywhere else?

I don't recall if it was MGH but there was a drug that showed up in Uncanny X-men about issue 410 or so that would jump start latent mutant abilities and so on. Again, super dangerous. It may or may not have been MGH. The Vanisher was mass producing it.

Caduceus said:
I don't recall if it was MGH but there was a drug that showed up in Uncanny X-men about issue 410 or so that would jump start latent mutant abilities and so on. Again, super dangerous. It may or may not have been MGH. The Vanisher was mass producing it.

Could've been that's what it does, anyway. Ultxon said that Magneto took some and it amped up his powers in some issue. I don't buy that I think that sounds like if a mutant ate another mutant than their powers would grow stronger.. that's just wrong...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Could've been that's what it does, anyway. Ultxon said that Magneto took some and it amped up his powers in some issue. I don't buy that I think that sounds like if a mutant ate another mutant than their powers would grow stronger.. that's just wrong...

Magneto and a few others were taking a drug called Kick. This amped up mutant powers whereas MGH gives flatscans powers. Kick was later revealed to be the airborne form of the Sublime parasite.

I know this is kinda corny....

One of my favorite comic ideas and comic books of all time (besides AOA) is the TMNT. The whole concept of 6ft teenage turtles living in new york and besides that ninjas is so crazy that it works, you don't even second guess it. CLASSIC. I love these guys. they will always hold a special place in my heart.

Synch said:
One of my favorite comic ideas and comic books of all time (besides AOA) is the TMNT. The whole concept of 6ft teenage turtles living in new york and besides that ninjas is so crazy that it works, you don't even second guess it. CLASSIC. I love these guys. they will always hold a special place in my heart.

I'm not arguing with you...

Yea!

I really thought you guys would burn me on that one homey. But it's a really good comic book idea. Also here is another one even though i really don't like this character. The origin of Superman, well the one i know anyway. Where his parents send him away from a doomed planet, knowing that the only way for him to live is for them to die. pretty good.

Latest posts

Back