Best retcons in comics

And Brubaker's reasoning of this decision on a Word Balloon interview two years ago was totally spot on. Bucky is NOT Captain America's Robin and never has been.

He said that? That's a good observation.

I just love how he handled it. It was done with incredible respect to both characters and was so careful not to destroy them.

I suppose if I knew a little more about the retcon that established that there were several different Caps taking the mantle while Steve Rogers was in the ice, it would make Bru's story even better.

I totally agree with this.

And Brubaker's reasoning of this decision on a Word Balloon interview two years ago was totally spot on. Bucky is NOT Captain America's Robin and never has been.

You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

He said that? That's a good observation.

I just love how he handled it. It was done with incredible respect to both characters and was so careful not to destroy them.
Bru's argument was basically that in all the war-time comics that Marvel published featuring Bucky alongside Captain America, The Human Torch (Jim Hammond) and his sidekick Toro... it's hard to imagine that Bucky would just be an underage dilettante in kicking *** and taking names.

I mean, this is a guy who hung out with a Super-Soldier and two guys with flame powers, so he'd better be able to keep up. Which is why in all the comics you see Bucky in, he's wielding a machine gun or a flame thrower. Definitely not Robin.

I'll link the interview later.

Latest posts

Back