Best Ultimates Vol. 2 Cover

What is the best cover from Ultimates Vol. 2?

• Issue 1 (side profile of the Ultimates)

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Issue 2 (Banner and Thor)

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Issue 3 (Hulk in the electric chair)

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Issue 4 (Cap. America and Cap. Britian)

• Issue 5 (Thor is the rain)

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Issue 6 (The Defenders)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Issue 7 (Ultimates and Union through a scope)

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Issue 8 (Cap. America in handcuffs)

• Issue 9 (magazines featuring Tony and Natasha)

• Issue 10 (victorious Anti-Ultimates)

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Issue 11 (Iron Man, Thor, and Cap with raised arms)

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Ultimates Annual (Cap. America and the Reserves)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would've brought #5 even if i didn't read ultimates just because of how badass that cover was.

Issue 5 is my favorite and perhaps one of the most visualy powerful covers I have ever seen in comics.

In fact, after seeing the cover for issue 11 I realized it was forshadowing.

I know it isn't fair to say so, but I think the interiors of The Ultimates are a lot better than the covers themselves, so I can't really say I like one cover in particular.

In fact, I think Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Fantastic Four have more memorable looking covers.

I did get a kick out of the 'Trial of the Incredible Hulk' cover, but I wouldn't objectively qualify it as the best of the bunch.

Out of the choises, Ultimates 2 #1 is the best, but in all reality Ultimates 2 #12 is the f***ing #%$@!!!!!!

I think 11 is great. Its that united we stand feeling.

Number 9, 7 and 5 are also pretty great concepts in my opinion.

Somewhere on this forum I found a picture of the wrap-around cover for issue 12. Has that since been found to be false? 'Cuz it is a strong contender for best cover. Even so, I can't decide. Lots of good choices here.

plungingforward said:
Somewhere on this forum I found a picture of the wrap-around cover for issue 12. Has that since been found to be false? 'Cuz it is a strong contender for best cover. Even so, I can't decide. Lots of good choices here.
No, I'm pretty sure that's the real cover, but this poll was made before the cover was released.

I should make a new poll thread, but I'd like a mod to be able to move the existing discussion to the new thread if possible.

MaxwellSmart said:
I should make a new poll thread, but I'd like a mod to be able to move the existing discussion to the new thread if possible.
Everything except the #1 post (which we wont need anyways).

I really was unimpressd by Issue 5's cover.

Thor looked kinda Bagley-esque to me, and I didn't think it was as realistic or dynamic as some of the other covers. The rain effect was well done, I will give you that, but... something seems off- that is, not Hitch-y -to me.

Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back