Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad Spin-Off)

wyokid

They've released a description for the series

The series is set six years before Saul Goodman meets Walter White. When we meet him, the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet. Working alongside, and, often, against Jimmy, is "fixer" Mike Ehrmantraut, a beloved character introduced in 'Breaking Bad.' The series will track Jimmy's transformation into Saul Goodman, the man who puts "criminal" in "Criminal lawyer." The series' tone is dramatic, wove with dark humor.

Really looking forward to this.

Hopefully I will have finished Breaking Bad by then.

That was great - saw that during the Walking Dead mid-season finale. Very excited for this.

That was perfect. Felt so much like breaking bad but not at the same time. Can't wait to see how the present day stuff ties into the past and where the Tuco plot goes. I'm most curious about how Mike transformed.

Last edited:
That was perfect. Felt so much like breaking bad but not at the same time. Can't wait to see how the present day stuff ties into the past and where the Tuco plot goes. I'm most curious about how Mike transformed.

I'm looking forward to this. Will check it out tomorrow (watched Agent Carter, The Flash, and the past couple episodes of Black Sails tonight).

I've only seen the first episode but I really liked it. I wondered how they were going to tie in to Breaking Bad and that was perfect.

Also, the beginning at the Cinnabon in Nebraska was perfect. When he popped the tape in the VCR and started watching his old commercials... :-(

I just binged through season three the last two days. Bringing in Gus and Hector's relationship into the plot was a great addition and really helps set that up for Breaking Bad. We finally got the beginnings of Saul Goodman and it's so entertaining to watch him slide through his problems being as sleazy as possible. The journey there has been so complex and tragic. The beginning of the season with present day Jimmy helping at the police and then immediately screaming for the kid to get a lawyer really helped set the tone of the season off and just how low he'd sink. I was shocked at the trial between him and his brother, just completely throwing him under the bus and making him look like a deranged lunatic on the stand. He's becoming so unlikable, just like Walt did.

I'm really excited to see how Jimmy has turned himself over to the Saul Goodman role. Should make for one heck of an interesting season coming up!

Can't wait, hope it returns before August. However, I do think the new season will possibility be the last.

Latest posts

Back