Big hits or big duds?

They are making a movie based on "The Sims" that's retarded :lol:
Yeah, I'm still thinking like what is the point?

Also, I didn't know there were making an all-new Street Fighters film. Hopefully they stay away from everything (as in actors, directors, costume designers, etc) from the first movie, and by that I mean not have people have anything that closely resembles that, which I think they will, but we'll see.

I mean, they should actually make a Street Fighters film look and be an actual Street Fighters adaptation. Not some bull**** mess movie using S.F. characters.

Yeah, I'm still thinking like what is the point?

Glad I'm not the only one

Also, I didn't know there were making an all-new Street Fighters film. Hopefully they stay away from everything (as in actors, directors, costume designers, etc) from the first movie, and by that I mean not have people have anything that closely resembles that, which I think they will, but we'll see.

I mean, they should actually make a Street Fighters film look and be an actual Street Fighters adaptation. Not some bull**** mess movie using S.F. characters.

Yeah and Ryu needs to be the main charracter

Yeah and Ryu needs to be the main charracter
I would love that (Ryu is my favorite), but it says it's focusing on Chun-Li as the main character of the movie. I'm sure we'll still see Ryu in it, hopefully as a partner in Chun-Li, with Ken of course.

I would love that (Ryu is my favorite), but it says it's focusing on Chun-Li as the main character of the movie. I'm sure we'll still see Ryu in it, hopefully as a partner in Chun-Li, with Ken of course.

NO! that's bull****! Ryu is the main character , That would be like making a superman film with Lois lane in the main spot. That has sadly doomed my hopes for that film :(

Warcraft, God of War, Halo, Gears of War, and Prince of Persia all have (Or had in Halo's case) potential. I was going to include Onimusha in there, but Resident Evil and Silent Hill were pretty average (And the RE sequels flat out sucked) so I'm expecting Oni to be the same.

The one that I think will be good, though, will be Max Payne. That pretty much is a movie as is. Also, Kane and Lynch was supposed to be turned into a movie but after seeing its lukewarm reception, I'm not sure if that's still happening. Which sucks because I was really looking forward to seeing Bruce Willis as Kane and Billy Bob Thornton as Lynch.

NO! that's bull****! Ryu is the main character , That would be like making a superman film with Lois lane in the main spot. That has sadly doomed my hopes for that film :(
I've never seen Ryu as the only main character of S.F. If anything, it's him, Ken, Chun-Li, and Guile.

Actually kemosabe, Chun-Li was the first Street Fighter hero to have a real story other than "I'm gunna be teh strongerest fighter!!!111".

I love the Shotokan boys...but they are a bit dull when it comes to the story. I'd love to see Cammy get some screen time (hopefully as a villain at first).

Warcraft, God of War, Halo, Gears of War, and Prince of Persia all have (Or had in Halo's case) potential. I was going to include Onimusha in there, but Resident Evil and Silent Hill were pretty average (And the RE sequels flat out sucked) so I'm expecting Oni to be the same.

The one that I think will be good, though, will be Max Payne. That pretty much is a movie as is. Also, Kane and Lynch was supposed to be turned into a movie but after seeing its lukewarm reception, I'm not sure if that's still happening. Which sucks because I was really looking forward to seeing Bruce Willis as Kane and Billy Bob Thornton as Lynch.

I hate to admit it, I really liked th Silent Hill movie, it was pretty accurate to the franchise (barring parent switch).

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen Ryu as the only main character of S.F. If anything, it's him, Ken, Chun-Li, and Guile.
Actually kemosabe, Chun-Li was the first Street Fighter hero to have a real story other than "I'm gunna be teh strongerest fighter!!!111".

I love the Shotokan boys...but they are a bit dull when it comes to the story. I'd love to see Cammy get some screen time (hopefully as a villain at first).

Ah I see it as Ryu and rest = supporting. Kind of like Goku = main dbz and the rest although main yes are supporting.

I see it as that as he's on all the covers , He was the main one in animated movies. He just seems the main guy to me. I might not be explaining why well I don't know.

Also Goodwill could be right , The Prince of Persia will be the next Pirates of the Caribbean.

Last edited:
Pretty much all of those look like they'll be duds, either critically or financially or both. Even Halo without Jackson seems like it should be a "if you're not gonna do it right, don't do it at all" thing.

Max Payne has potential but it's just so been-there-seen-that these days, half of the list will just be written off as more random asian kung-fu empty stylized action, God of War would need to be the hit of the year to make money if they do it properly, and Prince of Persia might be really hard to sell unless they make it a landmark visual experience and let the public know it.

Meh.

I hate to admit it, I really liked th Silent Hill movie, it was pretty accurate to the franchise (barring parent switch).

I can agree with that. Silent Hill is probably the second greatest videogame movie of all time, with only Mortal Kombat toping it, but that's still not saying much.

Pretty much all of those look like they'll be duds, either critically or financially or both. Even Halo without Jackson seems like it should be a "if you're not gonna do it right, don't do it at all" thing.

Max Payne has potential but it's just so been-there-seen-that these days, half of the list will just be written off as more random asian kung-fu empty stylized action, God of War would need to be the hit of the year to make money if they do it properly, and Prince of Persia might be really hard to sell unless they make it a landmark visual experience and let the public know it.

Meh.

You forgot the Sims , that won't be random asian kung-fu empty stylized action. It could be the next big thing , there is no way it can possibly not be 1# at the boxoffice :lol:

I still look forward to the Halo movie. I know its dead in the water right now, but with the Halo games' massive, record-breaking sales and the rabid fanbase, the studios know this will be a huge money-maker if turned into a movie. Right now its just stuck in a studio tug-of-war over the rights. The shorts by Blaumkompf (I think thats how its spelled) released over the internet looked promising, and in my opinion would be a great approach to translating the game to screen. Add in that classic epic feel of the Halo series and the right people on the project, and you've got a winner.

It'll happen, that I'm sure of. I just hope the ball isn't dropped and the movie turns out to be less than it should be.

I think Metal Gear Solid would make a great movie.

I read a script review at Latino Review and they gave it a really good score and it sounded really good.

Latest posts

Back