Biopics

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Recently I've been interested in lots of biopics so I thought I'd make a thread about them. Two questions:

1. What biopics do you like?

2. What biopics do you want?

I want to see that Paul Giamatti was Philip K. Dick biopic. Is that still happening? I also want an epic Beatles biopic. And Gary Oldman as Alan Moore.

I still need to see that Che one.

Last edited:
Man, my dream movie is a Marx Bros. biopic. If I could direct or write any movie, that would be it. Pick up at the beginning of their movie contract with Paramount, and end either with the making of Duck Soup or Night at the Opera. It would be wildest, wooliest, and most unfactual biopic in the history of biopics.

Che is really good. I haven't caught the second half yet, but The Argentine was brill.

I want to see Che. Also, The Hurricane. Sid & Nancy. And Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid. My Left Foot. Vincent & Theo. Malcolm X. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. Basquiat. Kundun. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. And Spielberg's upcoming Lincoln movie with Liam Neeson. And The Soloist.

I like The Doors, and pretty much every other Oliver Stone movie. Man on the Moon. Cinderella Man. Goodfellas. Schindler's List. Braveheart. Donnie Brasco. Blow. Catch Me If You Can. Miracle. The Passion of the Christ. Coach Carter. The Pursuit of Happyness. I'm Not There. Rescue Dawn.

Raging Bull.

The Last Temptation of Christ. Julius Caesar.

Man, my dream movie is a Marx Bros. biopic. If I could direct or write any movie, that would be it. Pick up at the beginning of their movie contract with Paramount, and end either with the making of Duck Soup or Night at the Opera. It would be wildest, wooliest, and most unfactual biopic in the history of biopics.

Alan Arkin could play all of them!

alan-arkin.jpg

marx-bros.jpg

I want to see Che. Also, The Hurricane. Sid & Nancy. And Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid. My Left Foot. Vincent & Theo. Malcolm X. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. Basquiat. Kundun. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. And Spielberg's upcoming Lincoln movie with Liam Neeson. And The Soloist.

I like The Doors, and pretty much every other Oliver Stone movie. Man on the Moon. Cinderella Man. Goodfellas. Schindler's List. Braveheart. Donnie Brasco. Blow. Catch Me If You Can. Miracle. The Passion of the Christ. Coach Carter. The Pursuit of Happyness. I'm Not There. Rescue Dawn.

Raging Bull.

The Last Temptation of Christ. Julius Caesar.

Snap! You listed some good ones. I loved Basquiat and Val was great in The Doors. I'd forgotten how many good biopics there are.

Alan Arkin could play all of them!

alan-arkin.jpg

marx-bros.jpg

Dude! That's perfect! I mean, if he were just a little younger for the part, it would be perfect....

I've been wracking my brain for a long time trying to think of who could properly play the Marx Bros. and settled a while ago on the conclusion that it would have to be either one guy rocking all the parts, or brothers who look very much alike..... because those guys could have been twins.

I can easily see it being some big thing in five - ten years with one guy playing each of them completely seamlessly via VFX and sweeping the Oscars. It's either going to be somebody we've never heard of, somebody who's just becoming big now but isn't thought much of yet, or Robert Downey Jr.

Last edited:
I can easily see it being some big thing in five - ten years with one guy playing each of them completely seamlessly via VFX and sweeping the Oscars. It's either going to be somebody we've never heard of, somebody who's just becoming big now but isn't thought much of yet, or Robert Downey Jr.

Man, it would have to be someone amazing.

Like, Peter Sellers level good. maybe better.

I'm watching American Splendor. It's pretty good. Paul Giamatti is so likable in everything.

You know, no matter how many times Hollywood changes little aspects of the individual's history.....the biopics always produce some of my favorite films.

My Likes
Ali
Ray
Walk the Line
Life and Death of Peter Sellers
Beyond the Sea

I can't really think of anyone that I'd want to see a bipoic made from. There was the Richard Pryor biopic starring Mike Epps...but I haven't heard anything from that since it was announced back in like 04-05.

I just watched The Hurricane, starring Denzel as boxer Reubin "Hurricane" Carter (the subject of the Bob Dylan song "Hurricane"). It was a pretty good movie; my favorite part was the court scene at the end when Carter gives his speech.

I watched Colour Me Kubrick starring John Malkovitch as the guy who prentended to be Stanley Kubrick. It was very queer (weird and homosexual). I did like that they used music from Kubrick films for some of the scenes.

I just watched The Hurricane, starring Denzel as boxer Reubin "Hurricane" Carter (the subject of the Bob Dylan song "Hurricane"). It was a pretty good movie; my favorite part was the court scene at the end when Carter gives his speech.

Such a horribly inaccurate movie.

Compound's Walt Disney biopic featuring Steve Buscemi as Disney in a pseudo-Big Fish style tale is the greatest thing.

Latest posts

Back