Black Gas Discussion (Spoilers)

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Did anyone else pick up the first issue of this? It was a bit disappointing. We basically got the happy, lets have fun! beginning of every horror movie before everything goes wrong. Hopefully the second issue will improve a bit.

And the cover (the one I got) is insane. Its so sick that I'm afraid to leave it out, for fear that someone will see it and assume I'm some kind of freak.

Jackie Estacado said:
yeah i got it, basically the calm b4 the storm i thought!
and who doesnt love a good zombie-book? :roll:
Having just read Cell by Steven king I've got to wonder if he and Ellis aren't talking. I mean both doing Zombie books right now, with similar overtones (disaster unleashes the violent nature of humanity), hell, Cell even had a Meme, wich any longtime Ellis reader knows all about.

Its erie.

Baxter said:
Having just read Cell by Steven king I've got to wonder if he and Ellis aren't talking. I mean both doing Zombie books right now, with similar overtones (disaster unleashes the violent nature of humanity), hell, Cell even had a Meme, wich any longtime Ellis reader knows all about.

Its erie.

I'm in the middle of Cell. The only reason I'm reading it is because I read the first two chapters in Entertainment Weekly, and I thought it was so cool that the first two chapters take place in that very corner of Boston Common that I've been to at least 50 times. :D

ultimatedjf said:
I'm in the middle of Cell. The only reason I'm reading it is because I read the first two chapters in Entertainment Weekly, and I thought it was so cool that the first two chapters take place in that very corner of Boston Common that I've been to at least 50 times. :D
It reminded me ALOT of the meme-flock humans issue of Global Frequency.

BlackGas:

Dude and his girlfriend visit his parent in a small town on an island. Her name is Soo (Sue), which is incredibly annoying because I keep thinking the characters say So... with a long pause. They say hi to mom, then go camping.

While camping, creepy geothermal activity releases a black gas, which infects pretty much everyone but our fearsome duo. They proceed to fight lots of zombies across the island. Finally they battle through town and get on a boat and head to civilization.

On the boat the boyfriend becomes infected, and Soo (so....) shoots his head off. Then, in a rip-off of zombie we see a major city, full of zombies.

The writing was pretty off. Dialogue seemed crappy, and there were some plot points that had me scratching my head. Still, the art was great and there was LOTS of violence and gore.

3.5/5

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back