Black Lagoon

Grocer Man

Anyone read this? I've been trying it out and am loving it.

The plot is about a Japanese salaryman who gets kidnapped by a group of pirates/mercenaries called the Lagoon Company while on a trip to Thailand. When it turns out that his company is willing to let him be killed, he joins them under the nickname of Rock.

What follows is a one hell of a manga. It's an exploration of the dark criminal underworld, and the major characters are well rounded and fun to read. The dark undertones and the kind of people that make up such a world are actually handled with intelligence. (For example, Rock refuses to accept Revy's bad childhood as an excuse for her sociopathy. Plus it's got enough action and explosions to put Micheal Bay to shame.

I'm currently on the most recent arc and am greatly enjoying it, especially since it centers around Roberta, my favorite character.

I'll check out the anime sometime.

I love the anime more, mostly because it does a way better job of showing all the action. But yeah, great series, the Russians are hardcore mofo's.

Last edited:
Season 3 of the anime just started up, and it is pretty badass. It's also over the top, but c'mon. It's Black Lagoon.

I love the anime more, mostly because it does a way better job of showing all the action. But yeah, great series, the Russians are hardcore mofo's.

633492360575292824-Spetsnaz.jpg

Last edited:
starting it today.

I just found out Alive: Final Evolution might be canceled. The author died a month ago and there hasn't been a new issue since May and before that, February. So hopefully this fills that void.

starting it today.

I just found out Alive: Final Evolution might be canceled. The author died a month ago and there hasn't been a new issue since May and before that, February. So hopefully this fills that void.

That sucks, there was only like two chapters or so left.

Latest posts

Back