Blacksad

robje

My favorite comic has finally been released in the US!

Now all you uncultured americans can feast upon our superiour european art!

But, without the obligatory european snootiness; I totally recommend Blacksad. I'm not arrogant enough to think my opinion pulls much weight around here, but seriously, it's fantastic. Check it out!

robje

What is this comic of which you speak?

blacksad.jpg

Blacksad! A totally sweet noir detective story set in the late 1950s of the USA.

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I just got the hardcover collection of the first three volumes out of the library. It's so pretty.

robje

I just got the hardcover collection of the first three volumes out of the library. It's so pretty.

Isn't it just! I love how Guarnido uses light and shadows in this book. It's brilliant.

The fourth volume looks so good too. It has a two page scene set in the shadows of trees on a sunny day which will just make your jaw drop. And the story is great. I wasn't very familiar with the theme of the third book (The procecution of dissenting minds during the McCarthy-Era) so I think alot of the adressed issues went straight over my head. But the fourth is set in more familiar teritory (Search for a missing musician in jazzy New Orleans) and its writing is easily on a par with the first two volumes.

the_green

Well I feel very privileged to have stumbled upon this in my local library! Seriously, some of the most beautiful art work you are going to see anywhere.

Latest posts