Blue Dragon

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Famed game producer Hironobu Sakaguchi of Mistwalker game studio and developer Artoon present the highly anticipated Xbox 360-exclusive Blue Dragon. Featuring the character design of Akira Toriyama (who designed Dragon Ball Z) and music by Nobuo Uematsu (the composer for Final Fantasy), Blue Dragon is an epic RPG centered on a young boy named Shu and several of his friends. These unlikely heroes possess miraculous strength and magical power to control phantom shadows that mirror the actions of their masters.

Shu and company must use their shadows as weapons as they battle the evil forces and an antiquated human race of people who command a magical power thought to have perished long ago. Shu and friends must wield their skills to save their world from impending doom. Encountering various people on a planet with numerous ancient ruins, the characters and their shadows travel through a world full of mysteries and illusions, where the slightest touch can cause reactions of unparalleled magnitude

This game just looks like it'll awsome!

Some screenshots

Trailers and videos

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/2302.html

Release Date:
US: August 28, 2007
Japan: December 7, 2006
Europe: September, 2007

i was really hyped for this. so looking forward to it and then i watched my friend play it at his apartment in Tokyo and i hated it. Maybe if i give it a try when it comes out here i might like it but it just felt emotionless and the dragons when they fight for you look lame. lots of things about it looked way too lame

Last edited:
I'm torn. Part of me really wants to play it because it's most of the Dream Team that created Chrono Trigger.

However, the more I hear about it, the less I want to play. It looks so much like Dragonball, it's not even funny. And yes, I know Toriyama is doing it, but Chrono Trigger's artstyle only had a passing resemblance to DB. This is like he just reused DB characters. And I've heard the gameplay isn't that great. EGM gave it pretty mediocre reviews.

I might rent it. If I like it, I'll buy it. If not. . .only 7 bucks off my back.

It looks so much like Dragonball, it's not even funny. And yes, I know Toriyama is doing it, but Chrono Trigger's artstyle only had a passing resemblance to DB. This is like he just reused DB characters.

That was the first thing that made me think "ooohhhh i want to play that" May come a huge shock but I'm a big Dragonball/z/gt fan :lol:

Yes, I know.

I like DB. . .as DB. But this is just lazy.

Not really lazy , They asked him for this to make it more dragonball looking. Where there are a lot of similarities their are differences. But they are giving it that as well as the looks of other things he has done as this is like one big homage to all of Akira Toriyama's work.

It's pretty cool plus as close (unless the MMORPG comes out in english) as an 360 DB game we are going to get , I'm exited it for it.

Not really lazy , They asked him for this to make it more dragonball looking. Where there are a lot of similarities their are differences. But they are giving it that as well as the looks of other things he has done as this is like one big homage to all of Akira Toriyama's work.

It's pretty cool plus as close (unless the MMORPG comes out in english) as an 360 DB game we are going to get , I'm exited it for it.

Eh, I still think its pretty lazy. Chrono Trigger had that Toriyama style without making it look too close to Dragonball. They should have asked Toriyama to do the same with this game.

Anyway, we'll see. I was anticipating it for awhile, but I'm just more skeptical now. I'm actually more excited for Lost Odyssey, which is Mistwalker's homage to the Final Fantasy series (Since the Gooch, creator of FF and director of FF1-6, is making it as well as Blue Dragon).

Last edited:
Anyway, we'll see. I was anticipating it for awhile, but I'm just more skeptical now. I'm actually more excited for Lost Odyssey, which is Mistwalker's homage to the Final Fantasy series (Since the Gooch, creator of FF and director of FF1-6, is making it as well as Blue Dragon).

Cool , I'm ironically not a fan of the FF type of game , How ever there are some cool looking rp games coming out on 360 i'm pretty hyped for.

Latest posts

Back