Brandon Peterson on Ultimate Vision

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
[IMGL]http://images.comicbookresources.com/cons/cci2006/photos/frompinguino/sm/pic-010.jpg[/IMGL] Over at Newsarama, they have an interview as they sat down and talked with Brandon Peterson (Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Extinction) on the new mini spinning out of the Ultimate Galactus Trilogy (Warren Ellis, various artists) that he's penciling, Ultimate Vision (Mike Carey- writer).

"After her debut in Ultimate Nightmare, the shapely Ultimate Vision gets a five-issue mini-series of her own starting in December, and few are surprised that Marvel has tapped artist Brandon Peterson to draw it. Not only was he the penciler on the Ultimate Extinction series that helped to define the character, but the artist clearly has a knack for drawing the female robot form, as well as the high-tech world in which she lives.

In her solo back-up series, Ultimate Vision was revealed to have a decidedly female look to her android body. Having spent much of her history traveling through space to warn worlds of their impending consumption by "Gah Lak Tus," she was instrumental in the fight to save the Earth from that threat during the Ultimate Extinction mini-series. Now, scientist George Tarleton has captured a piece of the Gah Lak Tus entity and plans to reactivate it for his own evil purposes, a plan that can only be stopped by Ultimate Vision.
"

Click on the link above to read more.

Last edited:
Great artist, and love his unique style. The only time I didn't like his art was the way he draws DeWolfe looking like an old hag.

I'm almost positive the villain is MODOK. It'll certainly be an interesting story and I really dig Peterson's art, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

I'm almost positive the villain is MODOK. It'll certainly be an interesting story and I really dig Peterson's art, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.
I would almost bet on it, too. From what we've seen, these people want to stop Vision, so they'd come up with MODOK, or at least have prototypes that lead up to the final version that we'd see by the minis end. It makes a lot of sense for it to be MODOK, espcecially since I don't know who/what else could fit the bill.

It also makes sense that it's MODOK, since it's been announced he is in this... :wink:

In Wizard 180, Carey commented a little bit about his take on MODOK for the Ultimate Vision mini.

Latest posts

Back