Brian Michael Bendis' Powers Coming To TV

So many factors....

I only read the first trade, and was pretty entertained. Not enthralled mind you...but my interest was piqued enough to check out another trade or 2. Too bad I could never find them.

But I am wholeheartedly loyal to FX and after giving me nothing but pure enjoyment while watching The Shield, Damages, The Riches, Dirt, Sons of Anarchy and several other shows---they've earned a spot in my TV line-up and I'll give anything they put on a shot. I even gave Testees a chance.

I think it was smart of him to go with FX. Had it been on any other prime network like ABC or FOX it would've either gotten cancelled or blown off as some Heroes-wannabe.
I love FX, but my first 3 years at college we didn't have it down here. So I lost track of The Shield, Rescue Me, and Nip/Tuck which were some of my favorite shows prior to coming down here. Then my cousin got the first season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on DVD and that was awesome.

I have FX now. And the internet.

I should get caught up...

I read the first arc and to say I was underwhelmed is putting it mildly. Fortunately I found some sucker to pawn them off on.

That said, I would at least check out the first issue. I didn't have any problem with the concept of the show.

:cry:

Powers

Brian Michael Bendis Confirms 'Powers' TV Series

MTV News has confirmed with Brian Michael Bendis, one of the primary architects of the Marvel Comics universe, that an upcoming television adaptation of "Powers" will be piloted for FX Network.

"Powers" is a comic book series Bendis with Michael Avon Oeming that explores a superhero-populated world via the conventions of police procedural drama.

"'Powers' is in active development as a pilot at FX," Bendis told MTV. "I just handed in a draft to the network and we're getting our notes from the network as soon as this thing is over. So next week I'll get the notes, and as long as they don't involve sock puppets and some sort of orgy scene that I'm not interested in, then hopefully it will go in the right direction."

More here http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=99&itemid=12525

CBR:

Premium Hollywood reports the FX television show based on the Benids/Oeming comic is still a go. They've brought on a new writer to redraft their pilot. you have a great property, a really robust property, but it has to be adapted to become a weekly television series. So you're asking yourself the question, ';What stays and what goes?' For example, the Retro Girl murder story: should that whole story be told in the pilot, or do we introduce it and tell it later? But the new writer and Brian have got a good take on it. They came in about two months ago and pitched what they were doing, and it was great," says FX President and General Manager John Landgraf. Premium Hollywood notes Landgraf could not reveal the name of the writer ... but it seems every time that happens, we learn the name of these unnamed writers the next day.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm....still lukewarm about this.

I'd still be more interested in a FX Bendis' Alias....but I'm not sure how that would work as a long run series.

Hmmmmm....still lukewarm about this.

I'd still be more interested in a FX Bendis' Alias....but I'm not sure how that would work as a long run series.

Honestly I'm surprise most FX last as long as they do considering all the crazy **** they doing. You always think "well there's no where they can go after that" but they find a way

Honestly I'm surprise most FX last as long as they do considering all the crazy **** they doing. You always think "well there's no where they can go after that" but they find a way

Well....yeah.

But I guess I'm talking about the fact that Alias is 4 volumes long and has a "finite" ending (albeit an ending that leads to her and Luke having a child and getting married and having continued adventures in Avengers comic series...but I guess that's neither here nor there).

I'm sure that the show doesn't have to follow the book "exactly". I'm sure there's more cases Jessica's had in between the ones we read about so the show could feature those.

Latest posts

Back