Bruce Wayne / batman etc

Ultimates

So while I was working today (up on a telephone pole actually) I started thinking about the entire Bruce Wayne / batman thing. I haven't seen enough of Dick Grayson as Batman to give a full judgement, but I think the change could be really good and fun. I also feel they are giving Bucky the short stick, and I dont wanna see a repeat here.
So this is what I was thinking: what if they could expand on Bruce Wayne? Like what if he doesn't age while stuck in this time thing? Think of all the places and things they could do with him. I don't know if I would want his adventures actually messing with time, because we are already seeing that in Booster Gold, but some things would be kinda cool. Imagine if he was in a time where the Green Lanterns were first around? Maybe it was because of his strong stance lethal force was originally outlawed? I was also thinking of stories similiar to Iron Fist when they do the tournament thing.
My other thoughts were that we have seen in every universe, Lex/Superman are at ends. What if this is the only universe where Bats and Joker are at ends? What if there is no Joker in any other universe?
I also think although we think Joker doesn't care what the identity of Batman is, even though he knows, shouldn't he react differently with Dick taking the mantle? Like a new personality or different look, and then when the inevitable happens, we get the return of bruce and the joker?
Please share your thoughts, would love to hear,

Wait Bruce Wayne = Batman? Batman = Bruce Wayne? Shouldn't you have have added a Spoilers tag before you spoilt that? I thought Alfred was Batman :(

I also think although we think Joker doesn't care what the identity of Batman is, even though he knows, shouldn't he react differently with Dick taking the mantle? Like a new personality or different look, and then when the inevitable happens, we get the return of bruce and the joker?

While I think we'll get a Dick/Joker story, I also think that he'll be making references to him not really being Batman through the whole thing. "Wearing Daddies shoes are we?" Things like that.

And the whole thing reminds me of the episode of TAS where a nobody mobster thinks he killed Batman, so the Joker robs a jewelry store. After a few hours of Batman not showing up he walks away saying its no fun now. That was always one of the foundations of The Joker in my mind after that. Without Bruce its not fun.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with other universes thing, but It is true that by putting Dick under the cowl you get a huge range of learning curve stories. Which can be very odd since Batman's character had all his learning done before, so that when he put on the cape he was ready. But there's a lot of interesting places to go with this new dynamic. Joker will definitely show up but I hope not anytime soon. The Joker needs to be a big ****ing challenge for Dick. Since the new dynamic is going back to basics you really need to build up to the big time villains before getting heavy into the big time rogues. You can easily get a decade's worth of stories from this, They should keep Dick in small role in the DCU and work his way up to being Batman's equal and have the audience go with him on that journey and be sure not to rush it.

And the other part with Bruce Wayne living in alternate timelines is a great direction as well. I recall someone's blog post pointing out how at the end of Batman RIP, Wayne has basically proven himself able to withstand anything, even creating a back up personality to stop mental attacks. And that his probably the only person in the DCU that could withstand the psychological troubles that comes with this. I'd love to see a series that focuses on Wayne's travels. I think it would be so interesting to really push Bruce every way you can from the heights of euphoria to the deepest depression. Maybe even have him break and build him up.

There's plenty of possibilities to make this amazing

I am excited for the inevitable Dick Grayson encountering The Joker in a Morrison/Quitely arc of Batman and Robin. :D

Latest posts

Back