Buffy MMO

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
ign said:
US, September 3, 2008 - Twentieth Century Fox and developer The Multiverse Network have announced a Buffy the Vampire Slayer MMO, a game based off of Joss Whedon's popular Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show. The announcement was made by producer and member of Multiverse Advisory Board Jon Landau at the Virtual Worlds Conference and Expo earlier today.

According to Gamersdailynews.com, the game is currently in development and will be playable in a fully 3D environment, or as a Flash-based 2D application. Both types of players will be able to interact with each other. The game will launch through Multiverse's new virtual world, "Multiverse Places," and will go into beta testing later this year.

One down side to this announcement is the delay of Multiverse's other MMO, Firefly, which is also based on another Joss Whedon TV show. Firefly was tentatively set for a to-be-announced 2008 release, but the company is now focusing its efforts on the newly announced Buffy title.

For gamers unfamiliar with the long-running show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer starred Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers, high school student by day, and destiny's chosen vampire slayer by night. In the show, she was aided in her expeditions with the help of her friends, also known as "The Scooby Gang."

:shock: Awesome!

Firefly would have been so much better.

How the hell would you do an MMO? I'm guessing it takes place post-Season 7, because "Slayer" not being a character option would make the whole thing pretty pointless.

I am sure you can either be a Vampire or a Slayer, and that you can meet up with Buffy and Faith and all the other wacky people depending on where you go.

I bet they take the lead from Season Eight.

I'm going to be Vampire if it lets you.

Would be funny if like Angel you end up getting a soul forced on you if you attack the wrong the people :lol:

Latest posts

Back