Bullet Points

Issued

In my opinion, this serie is a real surprise, well it doesn't have the perfect artwork, I can even admit that the art sucks

The story is nice, well it actually is good, eventhough it might have worked out better it is good.

So if you have some spare money for buying more comics, give Bullet Points a chance it's pretty much fine.

I was vaguely interested in this until I found out it doesn't follow the actual Marvel timeline with only one or two "bullets" making the changes. When you introduce an Iron Man suit in the 40's, that ruins the whole premise to me.

I was vaguely interested in this until I found out it doesn't follow the actual Marvel timeline with only one or two "bullets" making the changes. When you introduce an Iron Man suit in the 40's, that ruins the whole premise to me.

Seconded.

I was expecting a story along the lines of Marvels with major alterations in public receptions of heroes and their participation in the second World War.

Also without cap's first stint of the Avengers there's a good chance the team might have died... what would the repercussions of that be?

THAT might have been interesting

Instead we have Peter Parker becoming the Hulk and Steve Rogers becoming Iron Man.

I dropped after the first issue.

I was expecting a story along the lines of Marvels with major alterations in public receptions of heroes and their participation in the second World War.

Also without cap's first stint of the Avengers there's a good chance the team might have died... what would the repercussions of that be?

This is exactly what I thought it would be too. That would be a great series.

I was going to wait for the trade on this, but now I probably just won't buy it at all.

It's not that bad at all, you can wait for the trade
Bullet Points is worth a shot, eventhough it's not what we all expected

The art is what makes this. Tommy Lee Edwards rules, and I can't wait for him to do 1985.

The story is kind of dull though.

Tommy Lee Edwards is doing 1985??? OMG! NOW I'm looking forward to it for art's sake alone.

Yep, that photo thing wasn't working, so he's drawing it all now.

It's going to be great fun.

I like Bullet Point. It's beautiful, the story is good and the narrative is really cool. It's sometimes annoying, but very cool.

In the new issue, the F4 go up in the ship, but it's sabotaged before they reach the cosmic rays. Reed is the only survivor, but he loses an eye and is recruited by SHIELD.

The government sends Steve Rogers, Iron Man, to wait in May's hospital room for Peter. He goes up to her, she tells him it's a trap, Iron Man emerges from the shadows, Peter hulks out again and kills Iron Man. And then turns back and whines about it.

Why do people keep getting Reed to make policy decisions? Isn't he a socially retarded scientist? I always got the impression from him that he could make good tactical decisions, but he wasn't good at day-to-day running of an organization like SHIELD or a government. But in here and Civil War and Illuminati, he's being sort of Machiavellan. What's up with that?

Why do people keep getting Reed to make policy decisions? Isn't he a socially retarded scientist? I always got the impression from him that he could make good tactical decisions, but he wasn't good at day-to-day running of an organization like SHIELD or a government. But in here and Civil War and Illuminati, he's being sort of Machiavellan. What's up with that?
I agree.

The problem is that it seems to be an easy assumption for writers and editors to think that if someone is super-smart then he must be good in ANY command role or decision-making, when that's simply not true. Making that assumption simply 'generalizes' intelligence instead of differentiating Tony Stark's engineering instinct with Reed's conceptual forward-thinking.

I want to like this series, but I just don't. It's got brilliant art, and some interesting ideas, but the story is just... oh, there is no story.

I don't understand how all of these changes are somehow tied into one another. They're not. They're just JMS's What If? idea wanks tied together.

I want to like this series, but I just don't. It's got brilliant art, and some interesting ideas, but the story is just... oh, there is no story.

I don't understand how all of these changes are somehow tied into one another. They're not. They're just JMS's What If? idea wanks tied together.

Just like how JMS' Civil War tie-ins have been mostly his political wanks tied together in anecdotes or lectures told by the characters.....

Except the Thing fighting monsters in Paris. That was awesome.

Just like how JMS' Civil War tie-ins have been mostly his political wanks tied together in anecdotes or lectures told by the characters.....

Except the Thing fighting monsters in Paris. That was awesome.

I thought everyone in Paris was a monster?

I just read the first ish..i'm abit behind..but i'm guessing each comic starts with some pretentious spiel about bullets and how they're really tiny and then there's some statistic about how many people are killed a year. Yeah I actually couldn't quite follow what happened with the whole bullet thing...it was supposed to kill the scientist with the serum but it killed ben parker? but then why iron man...sorry i don't know my cap america origins well enough clearly. While i think it would be more iteresting maybe if the avengers had never formed, i think with all the villains out there even without cap it was bound to happen...the world needs police. And i think all JMS has done here is take 2 characters, change their backgrounds a bit and given them different powers...as you say like a JMS what if? ...not ground breaking but it might be fun i'll probably read the rest since i've read nearly all JMS' comics, and am a fan..but no i think i'd feel bad paying for this

Latest posts

Back