Buy Chineses products... die a horrible death?

Planet-man

Toronto, Ontario(by way of the Kepler Verge)
First, the tainted pet food fiasco. Then, the antifreeze toothpaste ordeal.

What have those crazy chinese manufacturers got in store for us next, all in the name of saving a buck?

Over ten million children's toys, distributed separately by both Mattel and Fisher-Price, have been recalled due to excessive amounts of low-cost lead paint. Fatal if ingested, but hey, it's not like preschool kids ever suck on their toys or anything, is it?

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1652691,00.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20079082/

Still more Chinese toys have been included in the recall because they contain magnets that have not been properly sealed(effective glue costs money, after all) and can kill your child via intestinal perferations if swallowed. At least one U.S. child has died because of this and about 20 others have needed surgery to save them.

How are the manufacturing execs reacting to this? Well...
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/08/13/ap4015687.html

Rant over.

Honestly...there are about 3 BILLION people too many on the planet. Let the Chinese thin the herd.

Sorry about my negativity, but with my impending surgery on my drawing hand tomorrow, and an old friend of mine ate a bullet this morning, not really the most positive person right now.

CHINESE!......oh wait false alarm. sorry i only read part of the thread title

LOOK AT THIS JONNYFREEZE! LOOK AT WHAT YOUR "PRECIOUS" ASIANS HAVE DONE TO THE WORLD!

I BLAM YOU!

AND ALSO BLAME YOU!

*Goes hunting after jonnyfreeze*

i will fight for the hearts of their women! meet me on devils ridge and we shall settle this! the fates of nations rest upon our battle. the loser will be banished forever!

Last edited:
I heard about this last month.

i bought my little a Dora figure for her birthday 2 days later they were recalling them I was like :( damn I have to take it off her , I'm not one for kids as people know but that broke my heart having too take it back. She wouldn't stop crying.

So I endedup taking her to toysrus and spending about £1000 on toys.

I read a great article about this the other day. They were pointing out that while China's current problems are certainly dangerous, it's typical of where they are industrially. America went through the same thing for it's first 130 years or so of existance. American products were made so shoddily and dangerously that buying manufactured goods was considered to be a downright lethal idea. After it became enough of an issue, the current organizations that we trust to enforce standards for foods and products were finally established.

If this kind of thing continues, I can imagine the same thing happening in China.

Sorry about my negativity, but with my impending surgery on my drawing hand tomorrow, and an old friend of mine ate a bullet this morning, not really the most positive person right now.

OK then, I won't remind you that these are kids toys.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

moonmaster said:
I read a great article about this the other day. They were pointing out that while China's current problems are certainly dangerous, it's typical of where they are industrially. America went through the same thing for it's first 130 years or so of existance. American products were made so shoddily and dangerously that buying manufactured goods was considered to be a downright lethal idea. After it became enough of an issue, the current organizations that we trust to enforce standards for foods and products were finally established.

If this kind of thing continues, I can imagine the same thing happening in China.

Of course, America had the advantage of not being a single-party Communist Republic.;)

Last edited:
Ha, my TV was on and the news was talking about this right when I saw this.

You Americans are wussies whose children can't handle a little lead. Asia shall rule the world. All your base are belong to us (I'm joking, so don't take the previous statements seriously).

You Americans are wussies whose children can't handle a little lead. Asia shall rule the world. All your base are belong to us (I'm joking, so don't take the previous statements seriously).

TOO LATE!

TO WAR WITH ASIA! OUR MAIN TARGET: LANGSTA!

AROO! AROO! AROO!

A thousand armies of Red China descend upon you! Our arrows will blot out the sun!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back