Buzzcope offers 3-page preview of Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #1.

I don't see any manga, I just see some good looking stuff here...

Do you guys think that there will be more Shocker than Rhino or vice versa?

Goodwill said:
I don't see any manga, I just see some good looking stuff here...

Do you guys think that there will be more Shocker than Rhino or vice versa?

im hoping more of Rhino, but how did he/they get out?

Shocker's come back without an explanation of getting out (As has Punisher) so I don't expect to see anything on that... However, Rhino was locked up in SHIELD custody, so I'd imagine him breaking out is a bigger deal. I hope that, because of this, we'll see more of him than Shocker.

Goodwill said:
Same here, but we've gotta let other people get a crack at it, too. I like the fact that he's not on this one.
I haven't read Ultimate Spider-Man regularly since I bought the first three hardcovers (ending with the Venom arc), but this art looks a lot like Bagley's own art with the old coloring style.

I think, the crappy coloring notwithstanding, the flaws in USM's current art might also lie in Scott Hanna's inking. Just a thought.

I think he's a much larger problem than Bendis' writing slump, to be honest. His inking and coloring diverts the attention from what could potentially be a good story to someone gagging at what a hideous job the cool Bagley's stuff has been turned into.

If you guys ever get the chance; compare some of the artwork between arcs. Like how mj looks and peter look. one issue they look like they haven't eaten (28/29) in months and others like there 25(recent)...its almost as bad as the team ups keyword here is almost.

Goodwill said:
I think he's a much larger problem than Bendis' writing slump, to be honest. His inking and coloring diverts the attention from what could potentially be a good story to someone gagging at what a hideous job the cool Bagley's stuff has been turned into.
Yeah, everyone's pooh poohing on Bendis, but I think his storytelling is no better nor is it any worse than it ever was when he started out on Ultimate Spider-Man. In fact, the first arc of USM pretty much stank, although I like to blame that fact on Bill Jemas.

Well, I was reading the Venom arc and I was just blown away by how spectacular each issue was treated, artwise. There was definitive lines on each person's face for jaw bones, noses, etc., something that has gone awry in the current issues. Also, the colors just seem so much more round than they are now... I found that I liked the coloring so much that it did affect the read. I only hope Marvel takes the hint.

Latest posts

Back