Buzzcope previews Ultimate X-Men #62.

Longshot's back!!! i wonder how he'll play into magneto's escape? Also, i absolutely have to say this again: Immonen's art is absolutely horrid. The cover is the worst drawing i've ever seen of magneto, he looks like he was dressed by cyclops, w/that sweater/cape thing.

I love where this arc is going and i think it just might turn out to be the best arc so far in UXM, but being that, this arc deserved a much better artist

Immonen is cool. He's one of my favourite artists ranked up near Hitch. I'm sure he's much better than you.

I hope Immonen makes lots of money.

At the end of Most Dangerous Game, I totally called Longshot's reappearance in this arc... Something tells me we haven't seen the last of him!

I, too, thought the Longshot Vs. Scarlet Witch was pretty cool... Again, in that scene Vaughan accomplished a lot. By introducing the Scarlet Witch, we've got Longshot's equal, so there's a fair fight following, and the fact that she's Magneto's daughter seemed to help, too. Also, it's a little curious she's turning her victims into cats... Does anyone think that the cat Xavier has was planted by SHIELD to keep taps on him?

Also, there's Emma's edge right in the preview. She's yelling at Alex! We'll see where this takes the Academy of Tomorrow...

Ah, this looks rather good indeed. Looks like Vaughan is finishing on a very high note. And I hope he'll be back. Vaughan has done the best job on the X-Men, for me at least.

Agreed... I asked if he considered coming back after Singer was finished and he said he hadn't thought that far ahead, so there's still a chance! :)

That's good, a lot of people state that they don't want to return to projects once they've finished with them. But I really feel as though he's carved a niche for himself here.

Agreed... He's done so well on this title. Vaughan has definitely taken this title out of its slump and, for me, has put it well above Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate Fantastic Four right now (Yes, even higher than Millar's one issue).

Well, we really can't argue our tastes, so we'll save that for later...

Let's get back to speculating... Where's Strangefate when you need him?

Well, the curious thing here is chance. Polaris's powers go nuts for a little while, so they stick her next to Magneto, they finally track down Longshot and stick him next to Magneto. You have everything you need there for Magneto's break.

But the question is, whose probability powers were setting up these events? Wanda's, or Longshot's? Or, did Magneto have a larger plan himself that he somehow put in action.

And curiously, I see some distinction between Wanda's and Longshot's powers here. Longshot is purely luck, where Wanda seems to be the mutant equivalent of the probability drive from Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

Very curious.

Last edited:
I think Vaughan's run is just as good as Millar's. UXM just fell dead after Millar and Vaughan picked it up. What I like is Millar had a more political/education aspect to the X-Men and Vaughan's is much more teen-centric action. Let's hope Singer does a good job!

I reckon Apocalypse will turn out to be Keyser Soze.

Yeah, I was think that, perhaps, Scarlet Witch is a very large part in all of this. Perhaps this arc reveals her as the traitor and, with stuff going on simultaneoulsy in UXM and the U, we've got one hell of a Ultimate House of M! What do you think? :lol:

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I was think that, perhaps, Scarlet Witch is a very large part in all of this. Perhaps this arc reveals her as the traitor and, with stuff going on simultaneoulsy in UXM and the U, we've got one hell of a Ultimate House of M! What do you think? :lol:
I think although you have the right idea with arcs running simultaneously... the writers and marvel can't seem to do that for some reason. Scarlet Witch's involvement in that particular scene was a plausible way of catching Longshot that's what she was there for. She'll probably be used solely for her reaction when Magneto escapes but I doubt she'll be helping out.

Well, yes, I do think that you've got the right idea, but I have thought, ever since Ultimate War, she was never utilized well enough as a villain and would like to see her take back that edge again. Maybe that way we'll see more of her. It was just a thought, not really something I really took the time to agree with. :)

Goodwill said:
Also, it's a little curious she's turning her victims into cats... Does anyone think that the cat Xavier has was planted by SHIELD to keep taps on him?
Well in that preview her hexes seem to temporary. It'd be one hell of a hex to change a person into a cat permenantly, but I do think Wanda could do it. I mean she got rid of a country's nuclear arsenal...

Well, she easily snuck up on Longshot, whose to say she can't on the school? Things go in her favor, after all, the security system would be no match for her.

If her powers are to turn misfortune on others than how does that fit in with Mystique? Wanda can't just turn people into animals for the good of it. The reason Longshot turned into a cat was because he's "the bad guy" I don't think Wanda's powers would allow her to turn someone on the same team into a cat to infiltrate.

Latest posts

Back