Buzzcope previews Ultimate X-Men #62.

Guijllons said:
Well, the curious thing here is chance. Polaris's powers go nuts for a little while, so they stick her next to Magneto, they finally track down Longshot and stick him next to Magneto. You have everything you need there for Magneto's break.

But the question is, whose probability powers were setting up these events? Wanda's, or Longshot's? Or, did Magneto have a larger plan himself that he somehow put in action.

And curiously, I see some distinction between Wanda's and Longshot's powers here. Longshot is purely luck, where Wanda seems to be the mutant equivalent of the probability drive from Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

Very curious.

I really like where you're going with this, Polaris in lock-up, Longshot along with her, and Magneto seems to be pulling the strings (remember the "Check" comment he made at the end of #61, that seems to indicate hes playing an active role in these events, however unobvious).

Hold on a sec. Are you guys saying that Longshot's capture was part of Mag's plan? Because if you are, then how the hell would Magneto even KNOW OF Longshot being in the Savage Land. He might have heard of him through some news, but of him being in SL? No way.

icemastertron said:
Hold on a sec. Are you guys saying that Longshot's capture was part of Mag's plan? Because if you are, then how the hell would Magneto even KNOW OF Longshot being in the Savage Land. He might have heard of him through some news, but of him being in SL? No way.

I agree I think that Magneto and Longshot will somehow get acquainted when Longshot gets there and that's when Magneto's plans start. There's no way he'd even know where or how to find Longshot or maybe even know who Longshot is yet.

Well, there are all kinds of ways around this one. While Magneto may not have known about Longshot, he could very well be putting his hand in all of this by making sure that all of his followers would be closer to him... In the event that he breaks out, he'll need some hands, right? Well, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are there to keep him company... They could probably fill him in...

Goodwill said:
Well, there are all kinds of ways around this one. While Magneto may not have known about Longshot, he could very well be putting his hand in all of this by making sure that all of his followers would be closer to him... In the event that he breaks out, he'll need some hands, right? Well, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are there to keep him company... They could probably fill him in...
I just dont see them running BACK to their father. It is a possiblity, but I HIGHLY doubt that's the case. Besides, I doubt they'd be even wanting to see their father.

I think that we are going to see a least one person unexpectedly turn to magnetos team. Of wanda and pietro I think that he is more likely to return to his father's side, but I have a hard time seeing wanda and pietro parting ways. My bet is that we are going to see people surprisingly choose sides during the battle of his escape.

I don't think Magneto is going to have planned on Longshot being there, but I bet you that he'll use the boy to his advantage... I mean, he's a big supporter and all...

As for Emma getting in yelling mode at the end there... I really hope she's a bad guy, I still think my Mystique idea has some strengths, but I bet you this is all planned up the wazoo. Polaris has been PLACED in the Triskelion, and now things are going to start falling apart.

I agree that Vaughn writes a fantastic Wanda. Here's praying that they toss a sack of moneys his way for Ultimates 3.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I agree I think that Magneto and Longshot will somehow get acquainted when Longshot gets there and that's when Magneto's plans start. There's no way he'd even know where or how to find Longshot or maybe even know who Longshot is yet.

Unless they (as well as Xavier possibly) have some sort of history that hasn't been revealed yet.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I agree that Vaughn writes a fantastic Wanda. Here's praying that they toss a sack of moneys his way for Ultimates 3.

If this happens, I will start picking up the title with individual issues... No more Ultimate trades for me, if that's the case. I do think it's doubtful, though.

Latest posts

Back