Buzzscope.com previews Ultimate X-Men #64

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Buzzscope.com has posted a 4 page preview, including the cover, of Ultimate X-Men #64.

The original solicitation reads:

ULTIMATE X-MEN #64

COVER BY: Stuart Immonen
WRITER: Brian Vaughan
PENCILS: Stuart Immonen
INKS: Wade von Grawbadger
COLORED BY: Justin Ponsor
LETTERED BY: Chris Eliopoulos

THE STORY: "MAGNETIC NORTH"

The Ultimates guest-star in the Ultimate X-Men's most earth-shattering adventure! It's all-out war inside the Triskelion, as multiple factions of mutants battle against Captain America and his teammates. At stake—the final fate of the master of magnetism—Magneto! Part 4 (of 5).

32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.50

PRICE: $2.50
IN STORES: 10-12-2005

Last edited:
CARTMAN said:
Oh My God, that-is-so- awesoooommmme....

Ramsey's face when Emma says, "I could kiss you" was priceless. Vaughan does it again referencing "Nightmare". Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were very cool. And the final words of Jean Grey were just so foreboding. I don't see why the kids have to know where Lorna's being kept though.

This issue will so kick major ulimate ***.

My fav. part was the last two issues. Vaughan once again proves that he knows his continuity with the nod to Ultimate Nightmare. Awesome. And I get the feeling Jean might be leaving with the whole "I'm beggining to think there's a lot he hasn't told us." and the way she looked.

After the new team joined in Giant Size X-Men #1, Jean was one of the originals that left the team with Bobby and Angel. That might be heading the same way here, though I hope Bobby doesn't leave.

Looks, good, it really does. Art is sucky though. The grown ups don't look like grown ups, they just look like really big pre-teens.

First off, who says "Bword"? Can't Bobby at least play the part of a man? Especially in the presence of the Ultimates. He's representing the X-men after all.

I hated the reference to Ultimate Nightmare. Mostly because I hated how Colossus got taken out. I hope he makes some reference to Ultimate War. I want him to make some comment like, "Hey Iron Man, remember that time I kicked your ***?"

I am also holding out hope that the X-men win a fight against the Ultimates. I especially want to see who starts the fight.

Looks great!!

I love Wanda and Pietro together...and Vaughan sure knows how to write them.

I, too, got the impression that Jean will leave after this arc....maybe stay with Emma? White Queen - Phoenix relation? Could be.

I want the X-Men to destroy the Ultimates, but i think they don't stand a chance...they are so outnumbered.

Doug's face was awesome!

Man, we just read 3 pages, and i'm already sure this issue will be great!

Why do you guys assume Jean will leave? Isn't she on the cover for the UXM/UFF crossover. The fact that she's suspicious of the professor and on the team is what's good about their relationship. Having her leave would just stop that progressive storyline altogether. If anyone is going to get anything out of Chuck it's gonna be Jean.

Hopefully there is nothing to find out though.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Why do you guys assume Jean will leave? Isn't she on the cover for the UXM/UFF crossover. The fact that she's suspicious of the professor and on the team is what's good about their relationship. Having her leave would just stop that progressive storyline altogether. If anyone is going to get anything out of Chuck it's gonna be Jean.

She's not in the UXM/UFF cover, and she's not mentioned by Kirkman in interviews. Vaughan said the team would change after this arc. It's just speculation, she'll probably stay...

TheManWithoutFear said:
I never said/implied/assummed she was leaving. All I said is that there could be that chance.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah right. This proves that there's skeletons in Chucks closet that he hasn't told his X-Men. No matter what verse, Xavier has acted like this. 616, X-Men Evolution, for example. Wouldn't be surprised if the movie threw that in to his character there, too.

Nice one Ultimate Warrior. I tried to post this early but my screen said I could not post new threads.

the watcher said:
Nice one Ultimate Warrior. I tried to post this early but my screen said I could not post new threads.
You can't. No member can post any thread in the news section. Just post the news in its respective forum, and it will be taken care of by a mod (or really me :wink:.)

And to further help you out, look in the Sites News forum to see the guidelines on how to post a news article. :)

icemastertron said:
I never said/implied/assummed she was leaving. All I said is that there could be that chance.

Yeah right. This proves that there's skeletons in Chucks closet that he hasn't told his X-Men. No matter what verse, Xavier has acted like this. 616, X-Men Evolution, for example. Wouldn't be surprised if the movie threw that in to his character there, too.

Perhaps Chuck only says anything on the "need-to-know basis" as well. I remember that he never told any of the X-Men that Magneto survived in the "Tomorrow People" arc until it was brought up to him. He also never informed the other X-Men about the Tunguska incident.

I believe Chuck does it because there has been several times that tragedies and botches happen. Because he revealed that Magneto was alive, Beast stupidly spread the word on the Net and the Brotherhood managed to free him. Because Angel, Dazzler and the rest of the rogue band who went to Genosha interfered with the Longshot mission, the bastard managed to get away.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Perhaps Chuck only says anything on the "need-to-know basis" as well. I remember that he never told any of the X-Men that Magneto survived in the "Tomorrow People" arc until it was brought up to him. He also never informed the other X-Men about the Tunguska incident.

I believe Chuck does it because there has been several times that tragedies and botches happen. Because he revealed that Magneto was alive, Beast stupidly spread the word on the Net and the Brotherhood managed to free him. Because Angel, Dazzler and the rest of the rogue band who went to Genosha interfered with the Longshot mission, the bastard managed to get away.
That's a good point, but either way, it sometimes tends to get worse (note I did say *SOMETIMES*) if nothing is told. But the event with Angel, that's a different story. They were in a mission briefing. It wasn't some secret that only some X-Men were supposed to know or anything. So that doesn't count.

cmdrjanjalani said:

Good point. I've been waiting for someone to bring up this more realistic situation where Charles is the leader and his little "army" doesn't have to know every little detail of what is going on because it's for their own good. Not because Xavier is secretly a bad guy. He is their adult figure afterall.

Latest posts

Back