Buzzscope offers preview of Ultimate Fantastic Four #19

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Ultimate Fantastic Four #19 preview pages!

Buzzscope is offering a preview of Ultimate Fantastic Four #19 by Mike Carey & Jae Lee.

From Buzzscope: "Scribe Mike Carey and fan favorite Jae Lee take control of Marvel's First Family in issues #19 and #20 of ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR -- in which he introduces a classic Fantastic Four villain in Ultimate form, and turns the Baxter Building into a virtual trap set to eliminate the fledgling adventurers…and what of the other denizens of the skyscraper, including Johnny and Sue's father, Dr. Storm?!

Jae Lee's gorgeous interior artwork is presented under a cover by Utimates illustrator Bryan Hitch!"

See the preview at http://www.buzzscope.com/features.php?id=943

Art is cool, definetly like the look. And the preview itself is pretty interesting. :D

Thanks Ultimate Warrior. :rockon:

Dunno,Lee's art is pretty hit+miss for me.....i'll probly just read it in the shop.Sorry who's writing it again?BP preview was more interesting IMO

Very cool BP preview, I can't wait to hear why Black Knight has signed up with Klaw. And the Rhino is getting the best treatment since Flowers For Rhino back in Spider-Man's tangled web.

UFF is alright. I don' like his Thing though. Seems a bit too Concrete looking.

Baxter said:
Who's written The Sentry, Hellblazer, various Sandman related series. Lots of good stuff.
Don't mean to go off-topic, but which Sentry issue he wrote? I don't have my TPB at my side and I'm too lazy to get it...:?

icemastertron said:
Don't mean to go off-topic, but which Sentry issue he wrote? I don't have my TPB at my side and I'm too lazy to get it...:?
Ah, crap. I'm sorry, that was Jenkins. I think I said he wrote it since I've been seeing his name next to Lee's so often anymore. Whoops.

Baxter said:
Ah, crap. I'm sorry, that was Jenkins. I think I said he wrote it since I've been seeing his name next to Lee's so often anymore. Whoops.
Thought so. Don't confuse me like that!!!! lol

Anyways, Lee's Thing is cool. Nothing over-the-wall, oh-my-god this is great!, but it's cool.

Baxter said:

Yeah Carey didn't write Sentry but he did write Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra and Ultimate Elektra.

UltimateE said:
Yeah Carey didn't write Sentry but he did write Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra and Ultimate Elektra.

Carey didnt write Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra, that was George Rucka. Carey only wrote Ultimate Elektra.

Back on topic. Cant wait to see what made the Baxter Building attack the FF.

I know this might be heresy to say this, but sorry, the cover looks like crap. Bryan Hitch IS capable of sucking, just like he does with that pitiful excuse for an Ultimate Thing.

On the other hand Jae Lee's art is great. Not exactly as cool as his work on Fantastic Four: 1234, but I guess I can't really expect him to put that ominous style he does so well to work on the Ultimate characters.

I'm really not so sure about the art at this point, but the preview seemed to show us that it should be a very interesting two issues... I'm interested in seeing the villain right now; how could he keep a helicopter from getting close to a New York City skyscraper, and the Baxter at that? It should be a trip!

Latest posts

Back