Buzzscope previews Ultimate Iron Man #4

UltimateE said:
I seem to remember his saying that he wasn't familiar with Iron Man or Tony Stark and had never read an Iron Man comic. Maybe someone else can back me up (or correct me).

If that's the case, no way he's read Ultimates, has any clue what the character has been or will be, and probably doesn't care.

Oh man, I'm about to throw my computer against the wall. Someone give me Card's address.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Oh man, I'm about to throw my computer against the wall. Someone give me Card's address.

Well, look at the take Ellis is using over in 616 Iron Man. The armor is about to become some sort of semi-bio-engineered drug-induced nanite thing. Sorta. Kinda. So Card's take isn't THAT much different. Which may be the problem, maybe they brought him up to speed by showing him Ellis' stuff.

Rhyo said:
Well, look at the take Ellis is using over in 616 Iron Man. The armor is about to become some sort of semi-bio-engineered drug-induced nanite thing. Sorta. Kinda. So Card's take isn't THAT much different. Which may be the problem, maybe they brought him up to speed by showing him Ellis' stuff.

I don't care about 616 Iron Man. To me those characters were eroded with years and years of "Creative geniuses" who have been disassembling and fixing characters with every change of the guard.

The Ultimate Universe is new and was the reason these mistakes were to be avoided and Card is ignoreing the golden purpose of it.

Guij said:
And send him a letter explaining the point of doing research.
Yeah, something like that.

Rhyo said:

I can see how the comparison can be made, but I don't think it's at all alike. And on top of that, the biggest problem I have is the idiotic notion that having a larger brain is what makes him smarter...Ellis's Iron Man uses that bio-engineered stuff as an interface to the suit - not as a weak explanation for advanced intelligence.

I said it before, and I'll say it again - Ellis's Iron Man is nothing short of brilliant and IT should be used for Ultimate Iron Man.

UltimateE said:
I can see how the comparison can be made, but I don't think it's at all alike. And on top of that, the biggest problem I have is the idiotic notion that having a larger brain is what makes him smarter...Ellis's Iron Man uses that bio-engineered stuff as an interface to the suit - not as a weak explanation for advanced intelligence.

I said it before, and I'll say it again - Ellis's Iron Man is nothing short of brilliant and IT should be used for Ultimate Iron Man.

Take a look at Marvel's web site - they've announced the "new" 616 Iron Man writer (another 6 issues only deal, sigh). Ever see HBO's Carnivale? The writer was connected with that. Pretty sure I saw one episode, mid-series, and couldn't make ANY sense out of it. Hmmmm.

I think, though, that TV series writers come into comics with a good feel for episodic pacing, at least - the idea that you can have longer story arcs but you need to get 22 pages/an hour's worth of story every time out.

I really was excited about this series back when it was announced, but it just doesn't feel like Iron Man. The body-wide neural muscles and the skin bio-armor is not Iron Man, you know? I think it's too far out there for it to be Iron Man. Besides, that kind of goes against Tony having a brain tumor in Ultimates. Wouldn't it be in his entire body then?

Yeah, I can confirm it for you guys. Back when the series was announced, I personally asked Card's wife whether or not he'd read the Ultimates in preparation for writing this series. Her exact response?

"He read some."

I'm so confused...

Luckily I'm downloading UIM instead of buying this piece of ****.

Guijllons said:
I've even dropped it from my download pulls.

I'm only downloading it so I can complain about it with you guys. :D

ProjectX2 said:
I'm so confused...

Luckily I'm downloading UIM instead of buying this piece of ****.
Haven't you heard?
KillKitten.jpg

Every time someone downloads a comic a kitten gets it.

kitten_sniper.jpg

And then of course there is the retaliation.

UltimateE said:
I seem to remember his saying that he wasn't familiar with Iron Man or Tony Stark and had never read an Iron Man comic. Maybe someone else can back me up (or correct me).

If that's the case, no way he's read Ultimates, has any clue what the character has been or will be, and probably doesn't care.

I remember that quote. Which is why he has no business writing the character in the first place, since he couldn't even be bothered to do even the slightest amount of research. If you know nothing about the character, how the hell can you write about them? Thats like me starting to build a space shuttle with no knowledge of the concept whatsoever (and the end results would probably be very similar).

Guijllons said:
Hehe, it's just trash isn't it. I hope that Tony wakes up from a really bad dream in the final issue.

Well, either Tony does or I do.
*Tony wakes up in a cold sweat*

TONY: OH MY GOD! I just had the worst nightmare, Natasha!
NATASHA: Really?
TONY: Yeah, I had this brain body and nothing made any sense. It was terrible...
NATASHA: Well, its all over now.
TONY: Yep, I can feel safe in the knowledge that my brain is tucked safely away in my anus.

*Guijllons wakes up in a cold sweat*

GUIJLLONS: OH MY GOD! I just had the worst nightmare, Natasha!
GUIJLLONS: Yeah, first Iron Man had this brain body and then he had a brain up his ***! It was terrible...
NATASHA: Well, its all over now. Will having sex help you get over it?
GUIJLLONS: Um,...of course.

moonmaster said:
*Tony wakes up in a cold sweat*

TONY: OH MY GOD! I just had the worst nightmare, Natasha!
TONY: Yeah, I had this brain body and nothing made any sense. It was terrible...
NATASHA: Well, its all over now.
TONY: Yep, I can feel safe in the knowledge that my brain is tucked safely away in my anus.

*Guijllons wakes up in a cold sweat*

GUIJLLONS: OH MY GOD! I just had the worst nightmare, Natasha!
GUIJLLONS: Yeah, first Iron Man had this brain body and then he had a brain up his ***! It was terrible...
NATASHA: Well, its all over now. Will having sex help you get over it?
GUIJLLONS: Um,...of course.
Wouldn't be the first time I've tried to get over Tony Stark's anus by getting between Natasha's thighs.

Guijllons said:
Hehe, That doesn't sound like too bad an idea. I may resume :D

PLEASE...you of all people can't stop posting about this stuff...it wouldn't be the same. :D

Latest posts

Back