Buzzscope previews Ultimate Spider-Man #86

Guys I see more improvement than I do devolution.

For one thing, there are more new characters to goggle at. I really like the idea of the Wrecking Crew. I don't know anything about them and it will be interesting to see what they're all about in the UU. Omega Red's first appearance seems interesting... He's got a big mouth but he's serving his purpose at the present. I'll reserve my actual thoughts on him until later when there's more development, but so far I like what I see. I'm not as picky as you think. ;)

Also, did you guys notice anything? You had to of noticed the coloring... It looks so much better than what we've been looking at before! Seriously, this is going to take it back to what the title was before. I can't wait to see if this is consistant throughout the issue/ arc.

Awesome.

I get the feeling Red will be a throwaway like Killer Shrike and Gladiator and after Spidey beats him here, we probably won't see him again.

Then again, I may be wrong.

Shockmuffin said:
I get the feeling Red will be a throwaway like Killer Shrike and Gladiator and after Spidey beats him here, we probably won't see him again.

Then again, I may be wrong.

I agree. And it makes the "announcement" about Ultimate Omega Red appearing very puzzling.

UltimateE said:
I agree. And it makes the "announcement" about Ultimate Omega Red appearing very puzzling.
I was wondering about that too. If he is going to show up for like 5 pages what is the big deal. He better do something worthwhile.

Another thing that makes me think OR will just be a throwaway character is Bendis' flippant attitude when refering to him. I recall him mentioning "Spidey will get Omega Red to kick around at a point next story arc" and Bendis seems to have a generally low opinion of characters that originated from the 90's. Look what he did with 616 Carnage.

That splash page is amazing.

The rest sucks.

how the **** did he make Wrecking Crew cooler than Omega Red?!

Last edited:
Well, I read up Wikipedia's entry on Omega Red. And I've looked at the previews.

Is it Possible that Bendis is poking fun at Omega Red? Or that he is playing him much like that Gladiator dude for a while back?

Because after Reading up on 616 Omega Red I have come to the conclusion that... He isn't cool. Seriously, he is the kind of character I come to the Ultimate Universe to avoid. Perhaps Bendis is just having fun by playing him for a thug in wider context. After all, we know that the real antagonist of this arc is Silver Sable.

If you are not a fan of 616 Omega Red, I don't really see any reason to be disapointed. It just looks to me that Spider-Man is about to throw down with a big brute and in the fallout will do something that Roxxon is unhappy about. Looks ok to me.

E.Vi.L. said:
If you are not a fan of 616 Omega Red, I don't really see any reason to be disapointed.
Would sort of agree, but in a new universe, you have the chance of making an un-cool character cool.

I just think Omega Red's appearance is an interest, entertaining cameo for USM. His character will probably be left open so that a writer in either the Ultimates or UXM can elaborate. That, to me, sounds just as good.

icemastertron said:
Would sort of agree, but in a new universe, you have the chance of making an un-cool character cool.

Or to poke fun at them. Hey, whatever works.

Goodwill said:
I just think Omega Red's appearance is an interest, entertaining cameo for USM. His character will probably be left open so that a writer in either the Ultimates or UXM can elaborate. That, to me, sounds just as good.

I agree...

Although I'm not a fan of the concept of Omega Red if its not Soviet, so maybe they'll be kind and let it die here.

Latest posts

Back