Buzzscope previews Ultimate X-Men #63

Thanks Chazero.

The preview was ... all right. We pretty much know that's the way it goes down between Scott and Alex already and we've heard Scott rip Jean for Xavier before. So nothing new here. Logan/Scott was pretty funny. Wish we had more.
 
What happened in this love triangle, was almost the same as the 616 version with Iceman/Lorna/Havok. The difference is that Iceman wasn't into school more than girls, but he was just...well, not very bright in that department.


Can't wait to read more.
 
TheManWithoutFear said:
Thanks Chazero.

The preview was ... all right. We pretty much know that's the way it goes down between Scott and Alex already and we've heard Scott rip Jean for Xavier before. So nothing new here. Logan/Scott was pretty funny. Wish we had more.
Thirded.
 
I think the struggle going on in Scott's head is a pretty excellent way to reveal why he's so uptight. This is the kind of characterization I was waiting for with him, seriously. I can't wait for more... This should be a good issue.
 
I liked Wolverine's comment and how Jean suspects that Scott isn't revealing his true feeling about Lorna. I'm now expecting Havok to make references during the fight about how anyone who ever truly loved Lorna would not let her rot in prison.
 
Goodwill said:
I think the struggle going on in Scott's head is a pretty excellent way to reveal why he's so uptight. This is the kind of characterization I was waiting for with him, seriously. I can't wait for more... This should be a good issue.

Very good points Goody...hopefully a bit more light will be shed on Cyke's past (especially involving his feelings for Lorna and Jean) and perhaps Havok's jealousy over their past relationship (and Cyke's jealousy over their current relationship).
 
Johnny Bravo said:
The cyclops-lorna connection seems forced.

I kind of agree...It's not done poorly and it doesn't distract, but it just seems to stick out like a sore thumb. I'm guessing that it will fit better once we get more of the story though.
 
Johnny Bravo said:
The cyclops-lorna connection seems forced. Apart from that no complaints.
I agree with that too. Brothers taking girlfriends is never right and only comes out of Jerry Springer Episodes. I can't feel comftorable with it at all. But I'm pysched about more Cyclops and his history and have faith in Vaughan above all other writers.
 
UltimateE said:
I kind of agree...It's not done poorly and it doesn't distract, but it just seems to stick out like a sore thumb. I'm guessing that it will fit better once we get more of the story though.

I expect this is mostly because we hadn't seen Lorna before this arc, nor any major mention of her previously (though I think she was mentioned in the New Mutants arc as the girl with magnetic powers). Ehhh, I'm looking forward to it either way, if thats the worst thing Vaughan has done on his run, I can't complain.
 
Me likey. The friction between Scott and Jean was great, I'm wondering if those two are ever gonna break up (a la Pete and MJ), it'd certainly cause a buzz. Immonen on top form as usual, I still think he's one of the best artists around today, his UFF was exceptional and his UXM run has been just as impressive. I like his Wolverine in particular.
 
TheManWithoutFear said:
I agree with that too. Brothers taking girlfriends is never right and only comes out of Jerry Springer Episodes. I can't feel comftorable with it at all. But I'm pysched about more Cyclops and his history and have faith in Vaughan above all other writers.

My little bro tried it once, knocked the snot through him. And yeah, it was Lorna and Havok in New Mutants,didn't Alex leave her then to join the team?!

Immonen's art wasn't great in the Phoenix splash page, apart from that it was as per usual.
 
DIrishB said:
Very good points Goody...hopefully a bit more light will be shed on Cyke's past (especially involving his feelings for Lorna and Jean) and perhaps Havok's jealousy over their past relationship (and Cyke's jealousy over their current relationship).

Right. There are obvious boundaries between Cyclops and Havok and when they are forced to take them down for a greater good, what will happen? The question Jean asks Cyclops in the previews (Is the Professor sending you to Chicago to stop your brother or to stop you from breaking out Lorna yourself?) is a perfect example of this. Scott, the leader of the X-Men, would put himself before the team in a given situation. That's real cool and hope Vaughan runs with that.
 
Back
Top