Buzzscope Previews Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four

TheManWithoutFear said:
Hmmm...

That better be a trick that Mad Thinker thought up otherwise this is getting toooooo wierd already. The ninja is definitely not Mad Thinker.

Look at the way she talks, it's very similar to her dialogue in UFF. I think it's also rather obvious that this whole 'alien threat' thing is just a fake diversion created by Rhona, which I'm happy about. I don't ever want to see the Shi'ar (I'm guessing that's who she was meant to be) in the UU. Anyway, I like the artwork, nice and clean.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Look at the way she talks, it's very similar to her dialogue in UFF. I think it's also rather obvious that this whole 'alien threat' thing is just a fake diversion created by Rhona, which I'm happy about. I don't ever want to see the Shi'ar (I'm guessing that's who she was meant to be) in the UU. Anyway, I like the artwork, nice and clean.

I wonder who the ninja is then.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Mad Thinker/Rhona. She's the one doing the weird talking, like Rhona did back in UFF.

? That's why I didn't think she was Mad Thinker. Her dialogue doesn't match at all.

I think it's lame the X-Men sleep in those uniforms.

I was also thinking about How Carey wanted to do certain matchups. Yet, Cyclops will be busy and not partaking in this X-Men Vs. FF? I dunno the strategic mindet of Cyclops vs. Reed's intelligence could give Reed a little run.

Hmmm....not that impressed.

MwoF, I think it is meant to be implied that the "ninja" is Rhona. The speech patterns aren't exact but they are similar.

I, too, hope that the diversion is fake. I don't want to see the Shi'ar either.

The diversion is obviously fake. I love the whole "Is this on?" stuff. A horrific cliche that is genuinely fresh. Good first page. I like how quick the thing is moving.

I also enjoy the art. Should be a fun two issues.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Why no shi'ar?

shadowcleric said:
Why no shi'ar?

Well, let me put it this way; if they are, I don't want to see them like that. I'd prefer a more radical, distinctly inhuman look, a la the Chitauri, as opposed to just fishy folks with fat hair. If there's one thing that really gets my goat, it's alien species that inexplicably look and act like humans. Bloody Superman.

I'm getting the feeling Mad Thinker thought up the Shi'ar bit so that she could lure the X-Men away from the mansion. She needs to steal the Cerebro successfully, so why not hit them with something incredibly threatening so they would act rashly... This IS the X-Men afterall.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Look at the way she talks, it's very similar to her dialogue in UFF.
After reading Think Tank today, I think that could be Rhona, except in Think Tank she didn't have periods at the end of her sentances, thus conveying that she was talking fast, that's what I got anyway.

yeah. the talking fast and the big robot dude make it seem like Rhona. but rhona wasn't really atheletic at all. i don't see how she can be a ninja.

and i'll say this again, but i love this artist. with all of my loins.

And if it's Rhona, where's the big lump on her head where she stuck a portion of her brother's brain? It sounds like Rhona, but it doesn't look like Rhona. Or maybe the lump is there and I'm missing it. I've been known to miss more obvious things.

Volunteer Fire Detective said:
And if it's Rhona, where's the big lump on her head where she stuck a portion of her brother's brain? It sounds like Rhona, but it doesn't look like Rhona. Or maybe the lump is there and I'm missing it. I've been known to miss more obvious things.
No, I'm wondering that myself. I guess it's probably not her.:?

Last edited:
The ninja is Rhona. The Shi'ar is a diversion. Rhona was hoping all of the X-Men would leave, so she could steal Cerebro easily. Obviously, she must steal it, and take it to the Baxter Building, where the X-Men follow, thinking the FF stole it.

FACT.

ProjectX2 said:
The ninja is Rhona. The Shi'ar is a diversion. Rhona was hoping all of the X-Men would leave, so she could steal Cerebro easily. Obviously, she must steal it, and take it to the Baxter Building, where the X-Men follow, thinking the FF stole it.

FACT.
'Nuff said.

Latest posts

Back