Byrne on Ultimates issues lateness...

I wasn't pointing the finger at you - just at people in general. I'm taking everyone today.

*shakes fist*

Hmmmm....

As most of my friends know I read the DH title Conan. It has some of the best artwork in comics, by Cary Nord. Nord really spends a lot fo time perfecting his issues. The thing is no issue has shipped late. For the past 20 issues the comics have come out on time. I beleive this was in part due to great planning but also the fact that every "fill-in" makes sense. There is an ongoing story that has a part every 7 issues drawn by a diff artist, giving Nord a break. But being planned it fits in with the over all feel of the book. What I notice is the fact that this exceptional artist is doing every issue he is supposed to. And DH gave him the time he needed to perfect his craft. Probably a good year to do so. So I have to say that I put the blame on the marvel editors, they can ship this books on time jsut let the artist figure out what exactly he wants before even soliciting it.

Hitch is a good artist who is slow. This is a fault natural to many great artists. He cannot keep to a deadlines, set by editors and executives. This is a fault natural to many corporate lackeys. They tend to homogonize everyone in every way but the sales numbers. More efficient deadlines and planning should be used. What is my point?

Someone needs to sew John Byrnes SELF RIGHTEOUS, SLABBERING, STUPID, GODDAMN MOUTH SHUT BECAUSE I AM SICK OF READING THE PRICKS ANNOYING KEYBOARD VOMIT!! :evil:

Please excuse the outburst, John Byrne irritates me. Immensley

Bass - well said.

On top of that, I'd like to note what a ridiculous argument it is to say, "well, so-and-so isn't late" or "if I was that late with my work I'd be fired." What difference does it make? Be happy for the guy that he's good enough and successful enough that his boss doesn't care.

Yeah, delays suck. Especially constant, ongoing delays. But when the final output is as good as Ults 2 is, to me it's worth it.

And John Byrne is a douche.

DIrishB said:
You think everythings a bit shoddy, even God.
I'll say, combined breathing and feeding holes? Call that good design? And have you seen our ankles? They're rubbish!

The guy's a hack.

Bass said:
This is why we call Guij, "**** off you ****" instead of Guij. :D
What do you call me instead of Guijllons? "**** off you stinky dripping **** of Moses"?

Latest posts

Back