Cable series discussion (Spoilers)

Gemini

well i came across Liefeld's variant cover for issue one, and i couldn't find a place to post it so here it is

CABL001_covA-copy.jpg

It's not terrible, and he actually drew feet that are reasonable

and an Olivetti interior page

Page_3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Cable series discussion

I really want this series to be good, but I have to much faith in Duane Swierczynski. To be fair, I really don't have anything to judge him on, but it's been my experience that unproven writers want to try stories that are too ambitious. And Cable going to the future with the savior of the mutant race, that would make almost any writer want to try something crazy.

To be fair, his writing background is primarily fictional novels, and some of my favorite comic writers have come out of this background.

I wasn't originally intending on reading Cable. Then I did out of boredom curiosity.

And I'm glad I did. I've enjoyed the first arc (and the king-size issue was even better). The writing is really good. I love Olivetti's art. I am definitely buying this series in TPB, with the first coming out in December (Premiere HC is out now).

well i came across Liefeld's variant cover for issue one, and i couldn't find a place to post it

There's a reason for that.

It's not terrible, and he actually drew feet that are reasonable

You really think so? The outermost foot looks all kinds of wrong to me.

I remember picking up the first issue and enjoying it but never getting the rest. I might go back and catch up, especially after reading The Wheelman, which was spectacular.

Just read #8.

This book is very much enjoyable. Cable's in the future, in a secluded remote area where its protected by a shield that no one can get through, except some people claiming to be the remnants of the U.S. government have. It wasn't said in the first part of this story arc why they were hidden away and protected by a shield (least not that I remember now), but you figure it out in this issue.

Back in the past, Bishop is held prisoner by Scott. They find out he was going to destroy the world via nuclear bombs he set up in several places, but not known what time and date. In the future, it turns out these people who invaded the town are not actually people. They're hybrids of humans and roaches.

*Ding* Light bulbs go off.

Because of Bishop's nuclear bombs, these people did this to themselves to survive the attack since roaches can do that. Now they want to turn the few people of this town like them so they can have help in taking back the U.S.

The thing is, and this is from the solicit from #9, I believe, is that it says Scott accidentally makes things worse because of Bishop. In the present time, the bomb hasn't gone off, of course. So I'm guessing is that what Bishop tells Scott, they will go to wherever he sends them and will accidentally turn on the bombs.

I'm enjoying this series so much now. I hope the team don't leave for a very long time.

Last edited:
I've got the first batch of issues to read and they're okay... not as good as Iron Fist or Punisher. I don't know why Bishop is a villain though? Isn't this completely out of character? The thing I hate about X-Men comics is that I'm probably going to have to go and read a bunch of other X-Men titles just to know how this all came about.

Also, I like Cable. He's actually a good character, I think. But imagine if Kang was his nemesis and it was Cable hunting Kang throughout time. You could also use this as a way to explore the history of the Marvel Universe.

I've got the first batch of issues to read and they're okay... not as good as Iron Fist or Punisher. I don't know why Bishop is a villain though? Isn't this completely out of character? The thing I hate about X-Men comics is that I'm probably going to have to go and read a bunch of other X-Men titles just to know how this all came about.
Bishop became a villain midway through Messiah Complex when he tried to kill the NEW MUTANT BABY because it causes his horrible future world. Cable picks up immediately following the end of Messiah Complex and from what I know it follows the same plotline, so you can probably go without the research.
Also, I like Cable. He's actually a good character, I think. But imagine if Kang was his nemesis and it was Cable hunting Kang throughout time. You could also use this as a way to explore the history of the Marvel Universe.
I hated Cable until I started reading Cable & Deadpool. The would be Jesus angle works for him when it's done right.

Last edited:
I hated Cable until I started reading Cable & Deadpool. The would be Jesus angle works for him when it's done right.

I liked what little I saw of that in Carey's run. He had a floating city or something, right?

I liked what little I saw of that in Carey's run. He had a floating city or something, right?
A floating utopia that he used to preach his "better way" while he tried to change the world. Without guns for a change. It was pretty interesting. Especially since he was keeping Deadpool around to do all the shooting he was supposed to have given up.

Most of the series is done through Deadpool's POV so you're never sure what his agenda is or if you completely agree with what he's doing and the way he goes about getting it done.

The baby was wearing armour. :lol:

I like how Cable can only travel into the future and he has to deliver the baby back to Cyclops in the past. I also like how giant Cable is compared to the baby. It makes me grin every time.

I liked #6 and how it focused on Cyclops and his worries. It made me think how Cyclops is much more interesting as the leader of the X-Men than Xavier was. I also like the idea of Cable being Cyclops's secret spy. That's pretty badass.

I see #7 features those badass eXtreme X-Men with all the claws and stuff. I am worried.

Cockroach soldiers!

Is there a specific reason Bishop can't go back to the time when the baby was born and kill it then?

Ice said:
The thing is, and this is from the solicit from #9, I believe, is that it says Scott accidentally makes things worse because of Bishop. In the present time, the bomb hasn't gone off, of course. So I'm guessing is that what Bishop tells Scott, they will go to wherever he sends them and will accidentally turn on the bombs.

I think it's actually because Bishop has told Cyclops to go dig up the box and once they do, whatever's in it will disappear from the future timeline and Cable will not have access to it.

Though I presume there's something else in the box other than his costume, right? Oh well, I'll find out now anyway as I'm up to #9.

Now I don't even know what's happening. It's all a mystery. Cable just collapsed from dehydration. Who was Bishop meeting?!

I need to go download #12 now. Bye.

Last edited:
Sounds like your liking this Proj

I find it great

Cockroach soldiers is the greatest thing ever

don't forget to get the King Siz Cable Spectacular with art by Ken Lashley, Cable fights a Tree-Bear

I wonder how Proj will react when he finds out who Bishop is meeting

I like it but I'm all caught up and I don't know who Bishop is meeting.

I don't want to read X-Force for this stupid crossover.

TOG says it's probably Stryfe since he is part of the crossover.

CLONES?!

Latest posts

Back