Cap has a split personality?!

Entropy

Hah-hah, THAT got your attention, didn't it? :D

Now seriously, on with it. I was lying in bed last night, trying to fall asleep and failing miserably as ususal. I was flipping through channels and happened to catch a snippet of 'Fight Club' when all of the sudden epiphany struck me with a theory about the traitor and the title of the arc.

What if Cap had developed a split persona to cope with being thawed out 60 years into the future? What if THEY were the traitors that Loki had been referring too? And, finally, what if that persona was slowly subverting and influencing Cap and taking him over?

People say Cap and the traitor behave totally differently and that puts the heat of Cap. Ok, so Cap behaves one way and the split behaves another. Cap acts like his usual self and the split gets off on butchering women and children. What if maybe Loki's plan is to help the split become fully in control and has been affecting things to those points. Like maybe making Cap believe he's been getting weaker when it truth he's losing control of his body which is the real change.

Oh, and the split btw, goes by a different name. That of USAgent.

LOL, totally off the wall and crazy. Tell me I'm crazy. Anyways, I don't buy it much myself but its fun to pretend isn't it? Enjoy reading it guys.

Interesting theory...kind of Millar-esque. :D

I think Cap has severe personal doubts and has a strong idealism, so if he were to have a split personality it wouldn't necessarily take the form working for his enemies. He believes in an America of an age long past, and there must be some nagging doubt that he's not serving the people anymore, but serving a government that he feels dislocated from.

So, if he were to have a new persona popping up, it wouldn't really be one against the government, it would be one for the people.

Just a quicky there.

Entropy said:

That's a very interesting theory. It would be interesting if it was Cap with a double personality. Yet it would be hard to explain, how come the doctors didnt notice when Cap was being held in for observation.

Dont mean to shoot down your theory. That would be very cool to see though.

I like the theory. Def. Millar-esque alright! And Rene, it IS possible for Doctors to miss that. So they couldve missed it here, too, if Cap did have it.

René said:
That's a very interesting theory. It would be interesting if it was Cap with a double personality. Yet it would be hard to explain, how come the doctors didnt notice when Cap was being held in for observation.

There was a David Brin book called Sundiver (The only Brin book I actualy liked, but that neither here nor there.) where the main character thought he had MPD. Whenever he was in a position of stress he fell back into old sets of routines nad skills that he had pushed back out of regualr use, and of course would have an internal dialogue with the other "Self". Now inactuality it was his way of coping with stressful situations brought about by a level of self loathing steming from a taumatic incident in his past. Not really a second mind personality forming, but aspects of his personality that he was now uncomfortable with being trated as if they were. It was completly internal, no obvious signs as to a shift in prospective, and would have been entirly impossible to detect if he never started to talk about it.

René said:

Well, considering Banner was leading the team that thawed him out, we can see that they both have problems.

Entropy said:
Hah-hah, THAT got your attention, didn't it? :D

Now seriously, on with it. I was lying in bed last night, trying to fall asleep and failing miserably as ususal. I was flipping through channels and happened to catch a snippet of 'Fight Club' when all of the sudden epiphany struck me with a theory about the traitor and the title of the arc.

What if Cap had developed a split persona to cope with being thawed out 60 years into the future? What if THEY were the traitors that Loki had been referring too? And, finally, what if that persona was slowly subverting and influencing Cap and taking him over?

People say Cap and the traitor behave totally differently and that puts the heat of Cap. Ok, so Cap behaves one way and the split behaves another. Cap acts like his usual self and the split gets off on butchering women and children. What if maybe Loki's plan is to help the split become fully in control and has been affecting things to those points. Like maybe making Cap believe he's been getting weaker when it truth he's losing control of his body which is the real change.

LOL, totally off the wall and crazy. Tell me I'm crazy. Anyways, I don't buy it much myself but its fun to pretend isn't it? Enjoy reading it guys.
Awesome theory. Awesome indeed. I'd laugh out loud if it were true, but I doubt the Ultimate editors would let Millar get away with it. Certainly sounds like something Millar would put in his creator-owned work, though.

ppl are saying the same about Hank, and personally, I think it would work better with a split personality hank (yellowjacket) than with cap. he's got robots to use!

Latest posts

Back