Avengers Captain America Tea Party Jab

Grocer Man

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/09/tea-party-reference-captain-america-removed/

Alright, let's ignore for now that the only people that seem to care are Faux News and the Tea Party.

Should a comic writer be villified for putting his political opinion in his work? Especially one dealing with an American icon?

(Personally, I'm OK with it, at least from a characterization standpoint. While Steve would be respectful of all parties, Bucky would try and sometimes fail. Steve is the personification of the American Dream, while Bucky is trying to live up to that. Then again, I don't know much about the Tea Party, but whatev.)

I have no idea what people are making a big deal out of it. It was satirical.

It's also sad that he had to clarify they were not actual Tea Party protesters. I didn't see any difference between the group there and the one that was protesting outside the White House that got mowed down by the Kronos subsidiary a few arcs back as far as how Bru used a modern event in the story.

Apparently this was all a temp's fault, Luke Ross drew the page with all the signs blank, so this intern was told to fill them in with real world protest signs, so the guy googled and used them. Just a mix-up not a directed insult at anyone.

Unless it was Joe Quesada lieing through his teeth to direct the heat somewhere else.

And honestly, those Tea Bag Party people would deserve to be publicly put down in such a manner, anyone who gives Fox news that kinda credit has something seriously wrong with them. Comic Book Writers and Artists have just as much a right to free speech as a bunch of people with nothing better to do in Idaho do.

This is just stupid and pointless, tea bag parties have said much worst things at their rallies.

Latest posts

Back